Law of Moses, Law of Nature
- TEACHER HONORED. // Education Week;4/25/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 34, p6
An image is presented that shows Andree Geulen-Herscovici, a Belgian teacher who rescued some 300 Jewish children during the Holocaust, touring the Yad Vashem museum In Jerusalem with the granddaughter of a Holocaust survivor she saved and Yvette Blaiberg. Geulen-Herscovici received honorary...
- John Demjanjuk Denaturalization Trial: 1981. Evans, Colin // Great American Trials;2003, p709
The article discusses a court case wherein John Demjanjuk was charged of illegal procurement of U.S. citizenship in 1981. His trial started on February 10 and ended on June 23, 1981. In 1977, plant mechanic Demjanjuk of Ford Motor Co. was accused of being Ivan the Terrible during the Holocaust....
- The Holocaust and the modernization of gender: A Historiographical essay. Allen, Ann Taylor // Central European History (Brill Academic Publishers);1997, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p349
Discusses the historiography of women and gender in relation to the Holocaust, with reference to the book `Modernity and the Holocaust,' by Zygmunt Bauman. Implication of Bauman's theory; Women's responsibility for the Holocaust; Cultural construction of gender; What the differences between men...
- Video Testimony, Modernity, and the Claims of Melancholia. Vermeulen, Pieter // Criticism;Fall2011, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p549
The article discusses literary critic Geoffrey Hartman's work on Holocaust memory in relation to modernity and melancholia as well as the link between memory and identity. The author discusses Hartman's work on video testimonies of Holocaust survivors and witnesses and compares it to Hartman's...
- Second-Generation Holocaust Poetry in Hebrew. Fuchs, Esther // Shofar: An Interdisciplinary Journal of Jewish Studies;Spring2000, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p64
Focuses on the central themes in the poetry of the children of Holocaust survivors. Identification of Israel as a different beginning in the works of Rivka Miriam; Interpretation of Tania Hadar on the Holocaust as a destructive, continuous process; Context of the universalistic perspective by...
- Recently Published Works in Holocaust and Genocide Studies. // Holocaust & Genocide Studies;Aug2014, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p362
No abstract available.
- Heimrad BÃ¤cker. // Art in America;Aug2013, Vol. 101 Issue 7, p42
The article previews the exhibition "Heimrad BÃ¤cker: Landscape M" at the Museum of Contemporary Art Denver in Denver, Colorado from September 27, 2013 - January 5, 2014.
- Modernity and the Holocaust (Book). Kraut, Benny // Library Journal;10/1/1989, Vol. 114 Issue 16, p110
Reviews the book "Modernity and the Holocaust," by Zygmunt Bauman.
- The `Final Solution.' Sudo, Phil // Scholastic Update;4/2/93, Vol. 125 Issue 12, p4
Discusses the Nazis murderous program called the `Final Solution,' the campaign to round up and kill every last Jew in Europe. Millions of other innocent victims, such as gypsies, Communists, blacks, homosexuals, Jehovah's Witnesses, disabled and mentally ill; Nazi Germany's record of the...