WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- WHILE WE'RE AT IT. Neuhaus, Richard John // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Nov1996, Issue 67, p76
Focuses on issues related to the society. Appreciation of a woman for the "First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life"; Concern of Pope John Paul II with Africa.
- Glimpses of the Magnificent: Reflections on the Life of John Paul II. McFadden, Maria // Human Life Review;Spring2005, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p40
Introduces articles for the special section on Pope John Paul II published in the March 2005 issue of the "Human Life Review."
- May's Paper Will Be Delivered Late. // Polish American Journal;Apr2014, Vol. 103 Issue 4, p2
In this article, the journal announces late delivery of its May 2014 edition for providing the coverage of Pope John Paul II's canonization ceremonies that will take place in Rome, Italy on April 27, 2014 and also invites advertisers and readers for placing their congratulatory patron advertising.
- Message from a little girl's collage. Rieger, Brad // National Catholic Reporter;3/22/2002, Vol. 38 Issue 20, p16
Questions the absence of women in leadership positions within the church hierarchy. Voices of protest concerning the church and gender issues; Reason given by Pope John Paul II in 1994 regarding the presence of men in the leadership position within the church.
- Papal no to women priests is infallible, document says. // National Catholic Reporter;10/24/2014, Vol. 50 Issue 27, p38
The article offers information related to the disputes emerges in the U.S. due to the statement of the Vatican that church have no authority for the priestly ordination of women which is followed by the apostolic letter from Pope John Paul II in 1994.
- Christian Feminism: A Fuller View of Woman. de Solenni, Pia // Australian Family;Mar2006, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p4
The article presents an interview with doctor Pia de Solenni, awardee of the Pontifical Academies Prize by John Paul II in 2001. When asked about the meaning of feminism in the light of her studies of St. Thomas Aquinas, she responded that feminism respects the woman's vital identity as an image...
- Pope John Paul and Women. Kenny, Mary // Human Life Review;Spring2005, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p59
Focuses on how Pope John Paul II changed the women's perspectives on the Church. Recognition of his efforts to introduce conservatism to women; Views of the pontiff on love, sex, and marriage; Consideration of his special devotion to Our Lady as part of his elevation of the feminine.
- A Pope for All Seasons. Kelly, James // Time International (South Pacific Edition);4/11/2005, Issue 14, p6
The article presents information on the cover page of the periodical "Time Australia" that featured Pope John Paul II on it. John Paul II appeared on the cover of the periodical 15 times, which is a record for a religious leader and reflective of his influence on the world. The readers can read...
- Women's Ordination and the Vatican. Gossmann, Elisabeth // Feminist Theology: The Journal of the Britain & Ireland School o;May98, Issue 18, p67
Discusses how the Catholic Church regard the ordination of women. Quotes against women's ordination contained in the pastoral letter 'Ordinatio sacerdotalis,' by John Paul II; How women are regarded in the pastoral letter 'Mulieris dignitatem,' by John Paull II; Evaluation of historical...