Berlin Again and Again
- Lighting the way. // Architectural Record;Nov1991, Vol. 179 Issue 11, Lighting Supplement p15
Offers a look at Berlin's famous Brandenburg Gate, or `The Gate of Peace,' built in 1791. Philips Lighting recently donated a permanent lighting installation to illuminate the gate.
- Hotel Adlon. // Conde Nast Traveler;May99, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p360
Features the view of the Brandenburg Gate in Berlin, Germany, from a room at the Hotel Adlon. History and symbolism of the gate; Hotel information.
- Wowereit would welcome Obama to Brandenburg Gate. // Gay & Lesbian Times;7/17/2008, Issue 1073, p53
The article reports on the possible visit of 2008 U.S. presidential candidate Barack Obama in Brandenburg Gate in Berlin, Germany.
- The Rebuilding of a Gale Baffles the Two Germanys! // Saturday Evening Post;4/12/1958, Vol. 230 Issue 41, p10
Comments on the co-operation between East and West Berlin on the restoration of the Brandenburg Gate. Background of the Brandenburg Gate which stands inside the Communist East Berlin sector; Terms of the agreement between East and West Berlin; Information on the reconstruction of the Quadriga,...
- sidetrip. // Global Cosmetic Industry;Mar2005, Vol. 173 Issue 3, p18
The article reports on the Brandenburg Gate, one of the best-loved attractions in Berlin, Germany. Moreover, Berlin is hosting the Advanced Technical Conference and In-Cosmetics events in April which will showcase some of the most modern innovations to date. It is a good time for visiting the...
- To the victors Go the Monuments. Paulin, Alastair // Mother Jones;Nov/Dec2001, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p29
Focuses on the restoration of Brandenburg Gate in Germany. Consideration as most history laden landmark; Reflection of ruling ideology; Slogan of Wir verbinden of Deutsche Telekom.
- My Front Row Seat Memoir V. Barnett, Henry J. M. // Canadian Journal of Neurological Sciences;Mar2011, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p220
The article offers the author's insights and experiences on his visit in Cyprus and freedom tour in Eastern Europe in connection with his neurological studies. The author explores his experiences during his freedom trip in Prague, Czech Republic and Berlin, Germany such as the polite smile of an...
- Brandenburg Gate setting for first MTV Euro awards. Pride, Dominic // Billboard;11/5/94, Vol. 106 Issue 45, p10
Reports on the Brandenburg Gate in Berlin, Germany as the backdrop for MTV's European Music Awards on November 24, 1994. Performers at the awards; Production staff assembled for the awards; Credits for individual staffers; Airing date; Targeted audience of the awards.
- Emerging Style in Berlin. Drier, Melissa // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;8/1/2007, Vol. 194 Issue 22, p21
The article highlights the inaugural Mercedez-Benz Fashion Week Berlin at the Brandenburg Gate in Berlin, Germany from July 12 to 15, 2007. The event kicked-off with a glimpse of Hugo Boss's collection for men and women. Strenesse paraded dresses as well as bold prints in a lineup of...