A.D. 1995 Restatement of the Oath of Hippocrates
- MDD's Fun Facts. Harris, Michael J. // Medical Device Daily;6/25/2012, Vol. 16 Issue 120, p2
The article presents fact about the Hippocratic Oath, which majority of physicians today believe is outdated and ill-suited to pertain to modern health care.
- A Physician's Oath for Self-Insight. Crawshaw, Ralph // Annals of Internal Medicine;Oct79, Vol. 91 Issue 4, p648
Presents an article which explains that physicians succeed or fail according to their judgments based on their knowledge of their own strengths and weaknesses. Discussion of how a physician deals with understanding his own strengths and weaknesses; Comments on the statement of belief of...
- Hippocratic, religious, and secular ethics: The points of conflict. Veatch, Robert // Theoretical Medicine & Bioethics;Feb2012, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p33
The origins of professional ethical codes and oaths are explored. Their legitimacy and usefulness within the profession are questioned and an alternative ethical source is suggested. This source relies on a commonly shared, naturally knowable set of principles known as common morality.
- A Lesson on The Hippocratic Oath from a Muslim-American Doctor to Donald Trump. Rehman, Asif // Tennessee Tribune;7/7/2016, Vol. 27 Issue 27, p4A
In this article, the author discusses consequences of hippocratic oath from a Muslim-American doctor including role of Muslim-Americans in American society; working as president of the Association of Physicians of Pakistani Descent of North America; and politicians oath to serve nation.
- Our guide to ethical prescribing. // Pulse;5/23/2012, Vol. 72 Issue 19, p19
A letter to the editor is presented which discusses the general practitioners' (GP) ethical prescribing guide such as the Hippocratic Oath.
- Revisiting the Hippocratic Oath. Punjabi, Prakash P. // Perfusion;Nov2015, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p610
The author reflects on the contributions of Greek physician Hippocrates in the modern medicine. Topics discussed include Hippocratic museum has a complete collection of the writings of Hippocrates and an impressive array of instrument, Hippocratic Oath still has great significance and makes...
- Hiding Behind the Hippocratic Oath. Pi, Diana // JGIM: Journal of General Internal Medicine;Apr2013, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p596
The short story "Hiding Behind the Hippocratic Oath" by Diana Pi is presented.
- Updating the Hippocratic oath. // Family Practice Management;Mar2002, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p22
Focuses on the renewal of the professionalism of physicians in the U.S. Update of the Hippocratic oath; Commitment of the physicians to improve accessibility of care to patients; Maintenance of trust by managing conflicts of interest.
- GUEST EDITORIAL. Harrison, Bradley K.; Fleming, David A. // Military Medicine;Oct2006, Vol. 171 Issue 10, piv
The author reflects on the concept of over identification among military physicians. There is a risk associated with physicians identifying themselves as a combatant because it can render them susceptible to violating their obligations as a physician. They are bound to professional oaths: one as...