Hard to Remember
- A Short Organum on Ideology: Brecht on the Bourgeois Weltanschauung. Squiers, Anthony // Communications from the International Brecht Society;2013, Vol. 42, p44
An essay is presented on playwright Bertolt Brecht's conception of the bourgeois' ideology. It provides an understanding of the playwright's conceptualization of the ideology as a practical guide for dramatists. The author states that Brecht's conception on the ideology are often fragmentary and...
- â€žWenn ich sterbe, will ich endlich mit allen Poren, allen Organen, an etwas NÃ¼tzliches denken.â€œ Zum Gedenken an die Germanistin, Dichterin und Ãœbersetzerin Liana Corciu. LĂZĂRESCU, Mariana-Virginia // Germanistische BeitrÃ¤ge;2011, Issue 29, p15
This article is meant as a token of appreciation for the germanist, poet and translator Liana Corciu who taught for a long time at the University of Bucharest, German Department, then emigrated in the USA where she continued her work as a germanist and teacher of German and where she died in...
- Character Analysis in Epic Theatre. Farrell, Kenneth L. // Western Speech;Winter1959, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p5
The article focuses on character analysis in Epic Theatre. The purpose of the Epic Theatre was to break from expressionism and return to reality. The Epic Theatre developed a characteristic new style of acting, which the leading theorist, Bertolt Brecht, chose to call verfremdung, alienation or...
- The ballad of the rich BB and the poor BB. Merschmeier, Michael // American Theatre;May/Jun98, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p16
Presents a brief biography of playwright Bertolt Brecht. Comments on Brecht's socialist beliefs; Popularity in Europe; Brecht as inventor and innovator; Popular productions in the West.
- Brecht beating. Dam, Julie K.L. // Time International (South Pacific Edition);3/23/1998, Issue 12, p66
Focuses on the life and works of German playwright Bertolt Brecht. Brecht's popularity; Impact of his political beliefs on his works; Continued interest in Brecht's works despite his support of Marxism; Controversy about his works; Mention of claimed collaboration on his works.
- Bertolt Brecht and World Literature. Mews, Siegfried // Papers on Language & Literature;Winter77, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p89
Analyzes the essays by Bertolt Brecht which are associated with world literature. Result of the eclecticism of Brecht; Popularity of Brecht in literature; Focus of the 'The Threepenny Opera.'
- Birds of a feather. Rickerd, Julie Rekai // TCI: Theatre Crafts International;Aug/Sep98, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p13
Focuses on the relationship between directors and designers, Bertolt Brecht and Robert Wilson, highlighting the 100th anniversary of Brecht's brith in Berlin, Germany. Views of Wilson on Brecht's works; Description of the birth day celebrations; Information on the works of Wilson in celebration...
- World literature in review: German. Grimm, Reinhold // World Literature Today;Autumn95, Vol. 69 Issue 4, p784
Reviews the book `Werke: Grosse kommentierte Berliner und Frankfurter Ausgabe. 26: Journale 1 (1913-1914),' by Bertolt Brecht.
- BERTOLT BRECHT (1898-1956). Bentley, Eric // New Republic;8/27/56, Vol. 135 Issue 9, p19
Presents an obituary for a dramatist Bertolt Brecht, who died in 1956.