- EDITOR'S NOTE. // CardMaker;Jan2011, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p6
The editor reflects on the things that happened to her in 2010 and the lessons she learned from them.
- When bad things happen... Long, Jim // Campus Life;Mar/Apr99, Vol. 57 Issue 8, p10
Offers advice on how a Christian can handle life's unexpected disappointments and hardships. Acknowledgement that God takes a personal interest in His people and in everything they experience; Getting inspiration from the Bible; Listening to the lyrics of the gospel band Jars of Clay; Spending...
- On Bringing One's Life to a Point. Meilaender, Gilbert // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Nov1994, Issue 47, p31
Presents an article on the criticisms and difficulties endured by a Christian professor for publicly expressing his views against homosexuality. Outrage expressed by students against the professor; Role of psalms in bringing tranquility during suffering; Meanings of moral life brought about by...
- "We Dare to Say". // America;10/19/1918, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p38
The article focuses on the great love that God has for his people especially during trials and challenges in life. The author noted that it is important to reach a fuller realization that God from whom all things are, is in very truth the Father, especially in times of sorrows and mourning. It...
- The fine print of commitment. Beck, Elizabeth D. // Christian Century;06/02/99, Vol. 116 Issue 17, p611
Discusses the challenges of being a Christian. Cost of following the teachings of Jesus Christ; Citation of Biblical passages that tell the life of the Christians who were baptized with Christ.
- Why Jesus' disciples wouldn't wash their hands. Ortberg, John // Christianity Today;8/15/94, Vol. 38 Issue 9, p26
Discusses the boundary-marker approach to Christian faith. Narrowing of religious devotion to visible, superficial practices; Rabbinic writing's focus on three aspects of the law; Religious groups' tendency to distinguish themselves from outsiders; Distinction between moral standards and...
- Map-reading skills. Taylor, Barbara Brown // Christian Century;03/21/2001, Vol. 118 Issue 10, p30
Provides advice on determining the right path to Christianity. Analogy of using a map in a journey to living one's Christian life; Significance of considering the signs in human life through faith.
- Will Elliot Spitzer in the Eye of the Public? Gandelman, Joe // Moderate Voice;4/8/2010, p16
The article focuses on the struggles of former Governor Elliot Spitzer to protect his family from his unceasing politics agony in New York in the 2006 election. Spitzer has decided to serve and to support his family when he failed in the election by concentrating on the real estate business. He...
- Why we love our jobs. Sparano, Vin T. // Outdoor Life;May95, Vol. 195 Issue 5, p4
Focuses on the ability of magazine editors to survive in the outdoors. Hunting during a winter storm; Credentials of editors as fishing expert; Experiences of one editor with Innuits; Claims against editors.