WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- Will the Bishops Confront Kerry? Jeffrey, Terence // Human Events;4/5/2004, Vol. 60 Issue 12, p4
Focuses on the disapproval by the Catholic Church of the political actions of 2004 U.S. presidential candidate John Kerry. Support given by Kerry for partial-birth abortion, human cloning and same-sex marriage; Doctrinal note issued by the Vatican addressed to Catholic politicians, bishops and...
- EVANS & NOVAK. Novak, Robert // Human Events;12/8/2003, Vol. 59 Issue 42, p10
Deals with political issues in the U.S. as of December 8, 2003. Discussion on the political aspect of the economy; Information on bills governing Medicare, partial-birth abortion and gay marriage; Qualifications of Democratic presidential candidates retired General Wesley Clark, former Governor...
- NEW JERSEY N. J. Catholic bishops campaign against same-sex marriage. // Gay & Lesbian Times;9/3/2009, Issue 1132, p20
The article presents the issue of New Jersey based Roman Catholic bishops campaigning to oppose same-sex marriage.
- Catholic bishops call Mass. ruling 'national tragedy'. // Gay & Lesbian Times;12/4/2003, Issue 832, p24
Reports that Roman Catholic bishops in Massachusetts claim that a state court decision support gay marriage could deplete further the institution of marriage. Allegation that the decision promotes divisions in society; Marriage as a gift of God; Claim that bishops are confusing civil and...
- OUTRAGE OF THE WEEK! // Gay & Lesbian Times;2/7/2008, Issue 1050, p18
The article reports on the statement released by the Bishop's Conference urging people to vote against electoral parties who favor same-sex marriage or parties who negotiates with armed separatists in Spain.
- New Zealand bishops support civil unions. Allen Jr., John L. // National Catholic Reporter;05/12/2000, Vol. 36 Issue 28, p14
Reports on the support of Catholic bishops in New Zealand to the legal registration of same-sex unions. How the support came about; Rights of same-sex couples that these bishops are opposed to despite their support; Criteria for legal registration.
- WHILE WE'RE AT IT. Neuhaus, Richard John // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Oct1996, Issue 66, p95
Reports on the view of Bishop James McHugh of Camden, New Jersey on the reaction of U.S. President Bill Clinton to Bob Dole's criticism of his veto of the partial-birth abortion ban. Statement issued by McHugh with regard to the vetoing of the partial-birth abortion ban; Opinion of McHugh on ...
- Signs of the Times. // America;01/29/2000, Vol. 182 Issue 3, p4
Presents religious issues worldwide as of February 2000. Issue on the ordination of bishops from China without papal approval; Reason of Lavinia Byrne, a British nun, for leaving religious life; Review of a Nebraska law on the illegality of partial-birth abortions by the United States Supreme Court.
- Voters' moral caution. // Christian Century;11/22/2000-11/29/2000, Vol. 117 Issue 33, p1210
Focuses on several moral issues such as abortion, gay rights, gambling and physician assisted suicide in the United States. Success of the proposals to ban same-sex marriage in Nebraska and Nevada; Rejection of physician-assisted suicide in the state of Maine; Position of the gambling lobby in...