WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- Top 7 Catholic moments on 'Lost.'. Stimpson, Emily // Our Sunday Visitor;5/23/2010, Vol. 99 Issue 4, p13
The article outlines the episodes in the television program "Lost" which reflect Catholic teaching.
- Show may have off-network future. Malcolm, Teresa // National Catholic Reporter;02/06/98, Vol. 34 Issue 14, p9
Reports on Twentieth Century Fox Television's plan for an off-network release of the television drama `Nothing Sacred,' about a Catholic priest. Possible outcome once the television series is not renewed by American Broadcasting Company (ABC) by the end of 1998; Ratings of the television program.
- MTV pope toon raises Catholic ire. Meza, Ed // Daily Variety;4/11/2006, Vol. 291 Issue 7, p8
The article reports on the move of Catholics to protest against the television series "Popetown" aired on Music Television in Germany. The Central Committee of German Catholics president Hans Joachim Meyer expressed disgust over the program's insult to the Catholic Church. Executives of the...
- Show of the week! Dunk, Tiffany // NW;10/3/2005, Vol. 13 Issue 40, p79
This section features an episode of the television program, The Simpsons, about religion to be aired in Australia in October 2005. Originally slated to run as the 350th episode but pulled from the schedule after Pope John Paul passed away, the Simpsons find religion after Bart is expelled and...
- Church Notes 25th October 2010. // Catholic New Times;10/25/2010, p20
The article covers issues related to the Catholic Church as of October 25, 2010. Colombian Jesuit priest Javier Giraldo has protested against an award for former Colombian president Alvaro Uribe. The official Vatican newspaper "L'Osservatore Romano" has warned parents against allowing their...
- Boos in the night. Burr, Ty // Entertainment Weekly;2/19/93, Issue 158, p66
Reviews the videotape `It,' directed by Tommy Lee Wallace.
- Kindred spirit. // Entertainment Weekly;11/12/93, Issue 196, p49
Reviews the made-for-television movie `They,' directed by John Korty.
- The catechism and TV. Stahel, Thomas H. // America;6/18/1994, Vol. 170 Issue 21, p25
Focuses on Catholicism on television. Criticisms against Mother Angelica and her Eternal Word Television Network (ETWN); Focus on the story of Jesus Christ and other biblical narrative; Disagreement about putting liturgy on television; Recommended television shows.
- CONTROVERSIAL 'SOUTH PARK' EPISODE STILL SLATED FOR DVD. Latchem, John // Home Media Retailing;1/15/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p11
The article reports that the controversial episode "Bloody Mary" of the animated television program "South Park" will still appear on the upcoming DVD "South Park: The Complete Seventh Season." The episode is described and the complaint filed by the Catholic League for Religious and Civil Rights...