While We're at it
- Anonymous Wins Again! Avery, Susan // New York;5/9/2005, Vol. 38 Issue 16, p14
Reports that Daria Carter-Clark has lost the libel lawsuit she filed against Joe Klein, who had written the novel "Primary Colors" as anonymous. Claim of Clark that she was the librarian character in the novel; Decision of a state appeals court on the lawsuit; Statement of Klein regarding the...
- PW Talks with Joe Klein. Gold, Sarah F.; Rotella, Mark; Andriani, Lynn; Scharf, Michael; Zaleski, Jeff; Bronski, Michael // Publishers Weekly;2/11/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 6, p175
Interviews author Joe Klein about his book 'The Natural.' What it was like writing the book; Explanation on the Hillary and Bill Clinton plot of the book; Views on why the Clinton administration has garnered controversy both pro and con.
- Klein Not Klein. Gladwell, Malcolm // New Yorker;07/29/96, Vol. 72 Issue 21, p23
Reports on political columnist and novelist Joe Klein's press conference in Manhattan, New York City. Authorship of the season's controversial political novel `Primary Colors'; Assumption of radical dualism; Portrayal of the infant's experiences as sharply polarized states; Klein's double identity.
- Envy Tints Furor Over Primary Colors Author. Kempton, Murray // Indianapolis Business Journal;08/05/96, Vol. 17 Issue 20, p6B
Focuses on the furor over the Joe Klein's denial in writing the book `Primary Colors.' CBS' acceptance of Klein's resignation as consultant and commentator; Absence of punishment in society for groups caught lying; Implications on the conduct of life among reporters.
- Dissed Colors. Wilkins, Richard D. // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;10/28/96, Vol. 10 Issue 22, p25
Comments on the book `Primary Colors,' by Joe Klein. Total number of copies sold; Controversy concerning Klein's authorship of the book; Implications of the controversy on journalistic ethics.
- Primary Author. // Crain's New York Business;7/22/96, Vol. 12 Issue 30, p30
Reports on Joe Klein's admission that he wrote the book `Primary Colors.'
- End of the Game. Reibstein, Larry; Shenitz, Bruce // Bulletin with Newsweek;07/30/96, Vol. 116 Issue 6031, p72
Reports on media's criticisms against `Newsweek' magazine columnist Joe Klein who wrote the book `Primary Colors' for denying his authorship of the book. Klein's contentions in keeping his authorship anonymous; Criticisms from the staff of `Newsweek' magazine.
- Anonymous No More. Elvin, John // Insight on the News;08/19/96, Vol. 12 Issue 31, p32
Looks at the angry reactions received by `Newsweek' columnist Joe Klein after being identified as the author of the book `Primary Colors.' Klein's denials of authorship of the book.
- So Klein Did it. // Advertising Age;7/22/1996, Vol. 67 Issue 30, p18
Comments that columnist Joe Klein's alias as Anonymous in his book `Primary Colors,' is the latest use of publicity as a marketing tool to spike sales of the book. Press conference called by Random House; Comments by president and chief executive officer Larry Kirshbaum of Warner Books;...