WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- Penn State University's president promotes newspapers to students. Hartman, John K. // Newspaper Research Journal;Summer1999, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p48
President Graham Spanier's Dailies-In-Dorms program at Pennsylvania State University has brought about a sevenfold increase in newspaper reading.
- Ex-Prez Spanier Faces 5 Felony Charges. // Women in Higher Education (10608303);Dec2012, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p3
The article reports that Graham B. Spanier, former president of Pennsylvania State University, is facing five felony charges for his part in a conspiracy of silence that protected Jerry Sandusky while sexually abusing boys for years.
- Crisis on Campus. Guiniven, John // Public Relations Strategist;Winter2011, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p6
The article focuses on the child-abuse scandal occurred at the Pennsylvania State University, involving former assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky, who was charged with 40 child sex abuse. It mentions that significant changes is required in order for the university to recover. Several...
- Infidelity Poll Women enjoy it more. // Time;10/22/1979, Vol. 114 Issue 17, p106
The article reports on the findings of the study conducted by Penn State concerning the feeling of guilt among women or men who cheated in the U.S. It states that women feel more guilty twice as men but achieve more emotional satisfaction out of the affair. According to Graham Spanier, a...
- Today's University. Spanier, Graham B. // Vital Speeches of the Day;02/01/2000, Vol. 66 Issue 8, p236
Presents a speech by Graham B. Spanier, President of Pennsylvania State University delivered to the National Press Club, dealing with today's university and five issues that affect the future of a nation.
- Penn State Exempt from Open Records Laws. // Information Management Journal;Mar/Apr2012, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p18
The article reports that Pennsylvania lawmakers and taxpayers are calling for a change in the law that exempts public universities from the state's open records law, following the Jerry Sandusky child sex abuse scandal at Pennsylvania State University. In 2007, the university's then president...
- Ex-Penn State president leaves board of US Steel. // Chicago Citizen - South End Edition;11/23/2011, Vol. 44 Issue 42, p4
The article announces that Graham Spanier, former Pennsylvania State University's president, has resigned from the board of directors at United States Steel Corp.
- Jews reeling in wake of Penn State scandal. Schwartzman, Bryan // Washington Jewish Week;11/24/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 46, p15
The article focuses on the reaction of the Jewish community towards the scandal facing Joe Paterno, football coach at the Pennsylvania State University, and the termination of Graham Spanier by the university trustees. In early 2011, the local chapter of the American Jewish Committee has granted...
- A Tale of Shame: Paterno's Football Machine Covers Up Rape, Protects Perp. GILL, KATHY // Moderate Voice;11/10/2011, p3
The article reports on the result of the jury investigation faced by the persons involved in the alleged sexual child abuse at Pennsylvania State University (PSU). Jerry Sandusky, former PSU defensive coordinator has been charged with 40 counts associated to sexual abuse of boys. Also, it notes...