WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- Appeals Court: Third Strike for COPA. // American Libraries;Sep2008, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p24
The article reveals that the U.S. Third Circuit Court of Appeals unanimously declared on July 22, 2008 unconstitutional for the third time the Child Online Protection Act of 1998 on First and Fifth Amendment grounds. According to Chris Hansen of the American Civil Liberties Union, the government...
- Expecting no escheat as Christmas nears. Caliendo, Melinda // njbiz;10/31/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 44, p3
The article offers update with regard to New Jersey's escheat law which is still being reviewed by the Third Circuit Court of Appeals as of October 31, 2011.
- Horsehead Industries, Inc. v. Paramount Communications, Inc. // Environmental Law Reporter: News & Analysis;Dec2001 Filing Instructions, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p20811
Reports on the U.S. Third Circuit Court's decision on a case involving the liability of the owner of a contaminated site for environmental damages. Principles of collateral estoppel; Contractual and statutory liabilities for the remediation of environmental damage.
- Woman replaces male employee; can boss justify paying her $30K less? // Legal Alert for Supervisors;4/26/2013, Vol. 8 Issue 191, p4
The article discusses the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit case Puchakjian v. Township of Winslow which deals with the concern of a female employee that she is not compensated equally to her predecessor.
- Appeals Court Rejects Certification Of Market Conduct Class. Koco, Linda // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;3/26/2001, Vol. 105 Issue 13, p5
Reports that the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit reversed a lower court's certification of a nationwide class involving contested market conduct litigation. Overview of the court's ruling; Analysis of the court on the case; Impact of the ruling on the boundaries of market...
- Mailing FMLA Notices May No Longer Be Enough. Phillis, Mark T.; Rittinger Rigo, Barbara // HR Magazine;Oct2014, Vol. 59 Issue 10, p15
The article reports that the 3rd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals has decided that the mailing of general notices of employees' rights under the federal Family and Medical Leave Act and notifications targeted to employees taking leave may no longer be sufficient.
- 3rd Circuit Court of Appeals Reinstates Pennsylvania Funeral Laws. // Funeral Home & Cemetery News;Apr2014, pA2
The article reports on the decision of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third District which overturned a lower court ruling in Pennsylvania that invalidated the state's outdated funeral regulations as unconstitutional.
- 3rd Circuit takes dim view when employees appeal decisions in frivolous lawsuits. // HR Specialist: New Jersey Employment Law;Nov2011, Vol. 6 Issue 11, p3
The article offers information on the case of federal government employee Jeffrey Harley who repetitively filed lawsuits been denied by the 3rd Circuit Court of Appeals in the U.S.
- Not in my back yard. Hertz, Todd // Christianity Today;12/9/2002, Vol. 46 Issue 13, p21
Reports on the ruling of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, that authorized towns to prohibit houses of worships in residential neighborhoods merely because of noise and traffic. Decision of the Abington Township zoning board to block the Jewish group...