WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- PARODY AS IMITATION IN THE 18TH CENTURY. Weinbrot, Howard D.; Lee Ash; Thompson, Lawrence S. // American Notes & Queries;May64, Vol. 2 Issue 9, p131
Looks at several definitions of parody in the 18th century. Definition of parody in the 'Oxford English Dictionary'; Meaning of parody that had become synonymous with imitation; Examples or proofs that in the 18th century, parody was regarded synonymous to imitation.
- Parody. Sweet, Jeffrey // Back Stage;2/15/2002, Vol. 43 Issue 7, p56
Comments on the use of parody in writing stories. Comparison of parody with satire; One of the reasons why parody is so popular with young writers.
- THE FANTASTIC FREEDOM INSTITUTE. // American Prospect;Oct2007, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p7
A parody about U.S. President George W. Bush running a fantastic Freedom Institute is presented.
- Fish fingers for Uncle Rupes. Donald, Gideon // New Statesman;7/18/2011, Vol. 140 Issue 5062, p17
The article presents a parody involving a dinner at which attendees include media mogul Rupert Murdoch and British Prime Minister David Cameron.
- The Reflexive Function of Parody. Hannoosh, Michele // Comparative Literature;Spring89, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p113
Discusses the reflexive function of parody. Definition of reflexivity; Examination of the matter of self-parody; Limits of self-reflexivity.
- Make them laugh--and make a point--with parody and satire. // Writing;Nov/Dec99 Teacher's Edition, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p2
Presents a guide for teaching parody and satire. Prereading and prewriting discussions; Examples of discussion questions; Recommended reference materials.
- Many players in Plame Game; the big question stumps 'em all. Rothenberg, Randall // Advertising Age;7/25/2005, Vol. 76 Issue 30, p24
Presents a parody about three well-known journalists in the U.S. who are facing legal problems as of July 2005.
- The continuity of subversion: Hebrew satire in Mandatory Palestine. Penslar, Derek J. // Jewish History;Mar2006, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p19
This article sets Hebrew satirical literature produced in interwar Palestine against the backdrop of its European predecessors. Changes in the form and content of parodies of sacred Jewish texts nicely demonstrate the transition in the first half of the twentieth century from Jewish to Israeli...
- Tina C -- Lifestyle Guru. // ScotsGay Magazine;Aug2003, Issue 53, p15
Comments on a comedy show by Tina C, which deals with satire on U.S. international policy. Description of the drag act.