WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- WHILE WE'RE AT IT. Neuhaus, Richard John // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Oct1996, Issue 66, p89
Reports on the statement issued by Russell Hittinger, appointed chairman in Catholic Studies at the University of Tulsa in Oklahoma, concerning natural law at the 1996 Evangelical-Catholic conference on natural law in Washington. Factors that make Evangelical Protestants reconsider the issue of...
- A League of Free Nations. Wells, H. G. // New Republic;4/6/18, Vol. 14 Issue 179, p286
Comments on the demands for an effective realization of the idea of a League of free nations. Establishment of a defensive league standing steadfast against the threat of a world imperialism; Need for unity among civilized and peace-seeking people of the world under a common law and a common...
- CURRENT COMMENT. // America;4/16/1966, Vol. 114 Issue 16, p537
The article presents comments on various topics in 1966. It notes that the presence of the U.S. troops in South Vietnam indicates that the war will not be lost out in remote areas. It points out the first week of the 23rd Party Congress in Moscow, Russia reflects that the U.S. imperialism...
- Entre interesses e possibilidades: a aproximaÃ§Ã£o da polÃtica bragantina ao Rio da Prata. Colvero, Ronaldo Bernardino // Estudos Ibero-Americanos;Jul-Dec2011, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p301
In 1808th, old interests coupled with new opportunities began to be examined to guarantee that Portugal, in addition to its hegemony in America, renewed economy measures to try solved old problems. The aim of this article is to understand the form that the Portuguese Crown, through the...
- Military Culture in Imperial China. // American Historical Review;Apr2009, Vol. 114 Issue 2, p524
The article presents a list of essays printed in the book "Military Culture in Imperial China," edited by Nicola Di Cosmo.
- Editorial Notes. // New Republic;5/6/16, Vol. 7 Issue 79, p1
Editorial. Discusses various topics regarding world politics. Importance for the U.S. to establish a stable Philippine government prior to its withdrawal to reduce the chances for imperialistic ambitions; Advocation to petition the Austrian government to release Alice Masaryk from incarceration...
- Forecasts: Nonfiction. Stuttaford, Genevieve // Publishers Weekly;2/5/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 6, p71
Reviews the book `Cultural Selection: Why Some Achievements Survive the Test of Time--and Others Don't,' by Gary Taylor.
- Book reviews. Erickson, Peter // Criticism;Spring97, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p285
Reviews the book `Cultural Selection,' by Gary Taylor.
- Military Culture in Imperial China. Smith, Paul Jakov // Journal of Military History;Oct2009, Vol. 73 Issue 4, p1300
The article reviews the book "Military Culture in Imperial China," edited by Nicola di Cosmo.