WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- WHILE WE'RE AT IT. Neuhaus, Richard John // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Oct1996, Issue 66, p89
Focuses on the book "God: A Biography," by Jack Miles. Reviews received by the book; Award received by the book; Comments from Dale Patrick of Drake University, about the content of the book.
- Sex, Lies, and the Left. LaRamée, Pierre // NACLA Report on the Americas;May/Jun2007, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p3
The article offers a look at a variety of issues related to the decision to rescind the therapeutic abortion law in Nicaragua. The Sandinista bench supports such decision, which depict the ambivalent relationship between the left and women's rights and empowerment. However, the ban on abortion...
- Who's to Be Born? Abortion and the Laws of the States. Coles, Robert // New Republic;6/10/67, Vol. 156 Issue 23, p10
Explores the issues associated with the laws and legislation on abortion in the U.S. Grounds for abortions to be permitted in the state of Colorado and North Carolina after they have adopted abortion laws; Details of the procedure and requirements for obtaining an abortion; Failure of the...
- Reforming Africa's Abortion Laws Only First Step to Improved Access. OPONDO, EVELYNE // Conscience: The News Journal of Catholic Opinion;2014, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p4
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "AFRICA Calling" in the Volume XXXV Number 1 issue.
- South Dakota Legislature Bans Most Abortions. // America;3/13/2006, Vol. 194 Issue 9, p6
Reports on a bill adopted by the South Dakota Legislature as of March 2006 that would ban most abortions in the state. Title of the new bill; Significance of the new legislation; Provisions of the bill.
- Bad ban. Aizenman, Nurith C. // New Republic;06/15/98, Vol. 218 Issue 24, p6
Argues against the anti-abortion bill proposal of New Jersey Republican Representative Chris Smith in 1997. Efforts of the House Pro-Life Caucus co-chairman to reinstate the Mexico City policy which banned government funding for overseas groups that promote and perform abortions; Opposition of...
- Mexico City Abortion Law Upheld by Court. // America;9/15/2008, Vol. 199 Issue 7, p7
The article reports on the move of the Supreme Court of Mexico to uphold a Mexico City law that legalizes abortion. Catholic officials across the country were dismayed over the decision, however, they promised to focus their attention on serving better pregnant women who might be considering...
- The Impact of Mississippi's Mandatory Delay Law on the Timing of Abortion. Joyce, Ted; Kaestner, Robert // Family Planning Perspectives;Jan/Feb2000, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p4
Context: Mississippi mandates that a woman seeking an abortion must first receive, in person, information about the fetus and alternatives to abortion. She must then wait at least 24 hours before having an abortion. It is not clear how such mandatory delay requirements affect the timing during...
- Medium and message. McKenna, Gemma // Third Sector;11/6/2008, p19
he article reports that the sexual health charity, Family Planning Association (fpa), has created a series of video virals to members of the British Parliament (MPs) in a bid to extend the Abortion Act of 1967 to cover Northern Ireland. It says that four videos compose the series with two...