WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- Conservative Weather in a Liberalizing Climate: Change in Selected NORC General Social Survey Items, 1972-78. Davis, James A. // Social Forces;Jun80, Vol. 58 Issue 4, p1129
ABSTRACT This paper traces the changes in 12 especially volatile items in the NORC General Social Survey 1972-78 (11 national priority questions and reports of changes in one's finances) and an abortion item that showed an unexpected plateau pattern. Despite sociological predictions of a trend...
- A Precautionary Tale: Separating the Infant from the Fetus. Torcello, Lawrence // Res Publica (13564765);Feb2009, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p17
This article confronts growing conservative opposition to abortion based on the claim that abortion is morally equivalent to infanticide. By examining the relationship between moral skepticism and precautionary ethics the article promotes a completely permissive position on abortion from...
- Women's Lib, Continental Style. // Time;8/17/1970, Vol. 96 Issue 7, p25
The article discusses the attack launched by women in Europe against male chauvinism. It is stated that, Dolle Minas, an organization of young women in Netherlands, has launched a mass sensitivity training for males in Amsterdam, Netherlands. It is reported that the women right activists demand...
- Contraception and Induced Abortion in Armenia: A Critical Need for Family Planning Programs in Eastern Europe. Dolian, Gayane; Lüdicke, Frank; Katchatrian, Naira; Morabia, Alfredo // American Journal of Public Health;May98, Vol. 88 Issue 5, p803
Objectives. The purpose of this study was to determine the number of induced abortions per woman of induced abortions per woman and the reasons for selecting induced abortion among parous Armenian women. Methods. A consecutive series of 200 women attending an abortion clinic in Yerevan, Armenia,...
- In three former Soviet States, rates of abortion are declining as contraceptive prevalence increases. Estrin, D.J. // International Family Planning Perspectives;Mar99, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p49
Reports shift from reliance on abortion to use of contraceptives in Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan and the Kyrgyz Republic from 1990-1999. Statistics on abortion rates and contraceptive use; Determinants of decision to undergo abortion; Prevalence of abortion in urban areas; Projection of trends in...
- Long acting method of contraception. Mascarenhas, Lawrence // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);4/16/94, Vol. 308 Issue 6935, p991
Examines the long acting methods of contraception in Great Britain. Incidence of rapid population growth; Increase in the rate of abortion; Availability of reversible contraceptives.
- Reproductive perestroika. Jacobson, Jodi L. // World Watch;Sep/Oct1990, Vol. 3 Issue 5, p29
No abstract available.
- From abortion to contraception in Europe. O’Neill, Peter // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);11/3/90, Vol. 301 Issue 6759, p1011
Reports the rate of abortion in Europe. Inadequacy of family planning services; Association between abortion and contraception; Use of mini aspiration vacuum techniques in abortion.
- The People Versus Bill Baird: Struggling for Your Right to Privacy. Baird, Bill // Humanist;Mar/Apr97, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p39
Opinion. Presents the author's view in providing information on birth control and abortion through his experience. Author's arrest and his felony charges; US Supreme Court ruling on the charges; Significance of the Baird versus Eisenstadt case.