WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- Norway Lutherans vote to cut church-state ties. // Christian Century;12/26/2006, Vol. 123 Issue 26, p17
The article reports that the Church of Norway has voted to break with the Norwegian government. A majority of delegates at the synod's conference voted that the church should no longer be referred to in the constitution as a national or state church. The Church of Norway's bishops will take on...
- Is the Lutheran Church still the state church? An analysis of church-state relations in Finland. Christensen, Elizabeth // Brigham Young University Law Review;1995, Vol. 1995 Issue 2, p585
Explores the Evangelical Lutheran Church's unique position in Finland. Historical background of Christianity and the Church; Inter-relation of the Church and the Finnish government; Debate concerning church-state relations in Finland.
- Sweden officially separates church and state. // Church & State;Feb2000, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p22
Reports on the Church of Sweden's termination of its ties with the Swedish government after 500 years as the established faith. Changes in the position of the Lutheran church as a separate legal entity.
- World Christian. Marty, M.E. // Christian Century;5/2/90, Vol. 107 Issue 15, p479
Reports on activities of Lutherans around the world. Church diversity; Recognizing activities from other cultures.
- Lutheran merger & the loss of history. // Christian Century;1/2/85 - 1/9/85, Vol. 102 Issue 1, p18
The planned merger of 2/3 of the nation's Lutherans marks a pivotal time in American Lutheran history.
- Briefly noted. // Christian Century;11/15/2000, Vol. 117 Issue 32, p1181
Presents updates on Christian churches as of November 15, 2000. Decrease in the membership of the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod in 1999; Bankruptcy faced by the Anglican diocese of Cariboo in western Canada; Problem facing the Mexican Anglicans.
- Celebration Lutheran Church moves closer to celebrating on its own. McKay, Bud // Wenatchee Business Journal;Jan2001, Vol. 15 Issue 1, pA7
Reports on the plan of Celebration Lutheran Church to acquire its own land in Wenatchee, Washington. Development of the vision for the land; Design of the church.
- Rocky road to merger. // Christian Century;4/30/86, Vol. 103 Issue 15, p433
Reports on the continuing debates concerning the merging of the Lutheran Church in America, the American Lutheran Church and the Association of Evangelical Lutheran Churches. Problems for unity.
- Lutherans vote merger. // Christian Century;9/10/86 - 9/17/86, Vol. 103 Issue 30, p769
Discusses the proposed merger of the Lutheran Church in America, the American Lutheran Church and the Association of Evangelical Lutheran Churches in America. Disagreements with terms of merger.