CONFUSING CULTURE AND COUNTERCULTURE
- Two Odious Comparisons. DE WIND, DORIAN // Moderate Voice;12/12/2012, p15
The article focuses on the opposing reactions against the comparison of U.S. Supreme Court Justice Antonio Scalia for homosexuality with murder and bestiality. It says that Scalia reiterate his opinion and mentions that people will have no anything against homosexuality if it is not associated...
- Justice Rip Van Winkle. Quindlen, Anna // Newsweek;7/14/2003, Vol. 142 Issue 2, p68
Discusses how the majority of justices in the U.S. Supreme Court decided that the private sexual conduct between consenting adults is not the business of the government. How the court outlawed the state sodomy laws that criminalized homosexual acts; Consideration of the dissent of justice...
- Too much talk. // ABA Journal;Jul93, Vol. 79 Issue 7, p43
Quotes Justice Antonin Scalia on questioning of U.S. Supreme Court nominees at the last few confirmation hearings. As quoted by the Associated Press.
- Beard reading. Howard, Lucy; Van Boven, Sarah // Newsweek;9/22/1997, Vol. 130 Issue 12, p6
Reports that Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia has shaved off his beard. Speculation on the meaning of the move; Court staffers' opinion that Scalia looks younger.
- Justice served. Bull, Chris // Advocate;8/19/2003, Issue 895/896, p35
The article focuses on rulings related to homosexuals in the U.S. When U.S. President Ronald Reagan nominated Anthony Kennedy to the U.S. Supreme Court in 1987, the Roman Catholic federal court judge was known primarily as the colorless alternative to Robert Bork, the fiery, antigay conservative...
- CUA honors scalia. // National Catholic Reporter;11/4/94, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p3
Reports on United States Supreme Court Associate Justice Antonin Scalia's James Cardinal Gibbons Medal. Awarding body; Criteria for awarding.
- Justice of encounter. // Our Sunday Visitor;2/28/2016, Vol. 104 Issue 44, p31
No abstract available.
- Scalia's Death - the last thing we need. MOLLETTE, GLENN // Ellis County Press;2/18/2016, Vol. 24 Issue 46, p3
The article reports on death of Justice Antonin Scalia and states that in order to eliminate criminal theories and suspicions an autopsy should be done while arguing that Scalia will never be replaced in hearts of those who loved him as politicians fight to replace him on the court.
- SCALIA, TRUMP, AND CLINTON ON CIVIL LIBERTIES. Chusid, Ron // Moderate Voice;2/16/2016, p1
A blog is presented on the views of judge Antonin Scalia, and politicians Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump on civil liberties.