FACING UP TO CENSORSHIP
- OUT TO LUNCH. Heilbrunn, Jacob // New Republic;10/21/96, Vol. 215 Issue 17, p14
Profiles David Irving, a British historian and author of the book "Goebbels: Mastermind of the Third Reich." Reason behind Irving's anger at the Jewish Board of Deputies in London, England; Opinion of Irving on Jews who are trying to reclaim Nazi-confiscated gold in Swiss bank accounts; Message...
- Irving agent blasts SMP, leaves author. Oder, Norman // Publishers Weekly;4/15/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 16, p14
Reports that Ed Novak, who was the agent for writer David Irving, has criticized St. Martin Press because it cancelled Irving's book `Goebbels: Mastermind of the Third Reich.' Details of a letter which Novak wrote to St. Martin's Chairman Thomas McCormack; Novak's assertion that the house's...
- Bad and dangerous. Cesarani, David // New Statesman & Society;7/10/92, Vol. 5 Issue 210, p19
Deplores the practice of the media in giving voice to so-called historian David Irving. Why Irving is a neo-Nazi propagandist, not the scholar the media perceives him to be; How he has grabbed headlines twice this year; Danger of giving an image of respectability to his obscene views.
- No joke. // New Statesman & Society;12/6/91, Vol. 4 Issue 180, p5
Editorial. Criticizes British junior defense minister Alan Clark for his recent attendance at a party hosted by right-wing historian David Irving. How Irving stands as an apologist for the Nazis; Jokes he has told about Jews and the gas chambers; Revisionist historical view of Hitler in his...
- Stonewall Inn Tumbles. Currier, Jameson // Lambda Book Report;Jun/Jul2002, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p32
Reports on the decision of Saint Martin's Press to discontinue the publication of gay and lesbian-themed magazine 'Stonewall Inn Editions' in 2002. Reasons for the discontinuation of the publication; Background on the publication; List of contributors to the publication; Factors which...
- St. Martin's Press creates new paperback and reference division. // Book Publishing Report;02/14/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p5
Reports on the reorganization of Saint Martin's Press Inc.'s trade division. Consolidation of the paperback reference titles; Increase of the sales of the company in 1999; Changes in executive positions.
- Picador about to enter the American arena. Feldman, Gayle // Publishers Weekly;5/9/1994, Vol. 241 Issue 19, p26
Reports on British trade paperback line Picador's entry into the bookselling and publishing industries in the United States. Authors whose works were published under Picador; St. Martin's Press' efforts to pave the way for Picador in the US; Picador's expansion in the United Kingdom; Titles for...
- False witness to history. Waterson, Steve // Time International (South Pacific Edition);10/14/96, Issue 42, p100
Opinion. Considers David Irving and his resubmission for an Australian visa. Irving's contention that the Holocaust never took place; How he has fared in other countries; Why denying him a visa is more dangerous than granting him one; The paradox of Western democracy and free speech; How...
- Notes. // Postmodernism & Holocaust Denial;3/ 1/2001, p67
The article lists the notes used in the book "Postmodernism & Holocaust Denial" which includes "The Irving Judgement," by Mr. Justice Gray, "The Downfall of David Irving," by Dan Jacobson, and "Denying the Holocaust: The Growing Assault on Truth and Memory," by Deborah Lipstadt.