INHALING SECOND-HAND FANATICISM
- Dances with death. Petrow, Steven // Advocate;2/8/94, Issue 648, p72
Reviews the book 'How We Die: Reflections on Life's Final Chapter,' by Sherwin B. Nuland.
- Finding the truth about his father . Silver, Marc // U.S. News & World Report;2/10/2003, Vol. 134 Issue 4, p12
Interviews Sherwin 'Shep' Nuland, who won the National Book Award for 'How We Die' and wrote the memoir 'Lost in America.' Remarks from Nuland about his relationship with his father; Depression that Nuland suffered from in his 30s; Comments about his childhood.
- Selling how we die. Maryles, Daisy; Sanborn, Margaret // Publishers Weekly;3/14/1994, Vol. 241 Issue 11, p16
Reports on the success of the book `How We Die,' by Sherwin B. Nuland. Book on seventh printing; Advance quotes; Marketing strategies; Nuland's appearance at Oprah Winfrey's show.
- 1953: New Haven. NULAND, SHERWIN // Lapham's Quarterly;Fall2013, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p105
An excerpt from the book "How We Die" by Sherwin Nuland is presented.
- Death With Dignity? Canavan, Francis // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Jun/Jul1994, Issue 44, p54
Reviews two books about death. "Letting Go: Death, Dying, and the Law," by Melvin I. Urofsky; "How We Die: Reflections on Life's Final Chapter," by Sherwin B. Nuland.
- Ethically Speaking. // Academe;May/Jun99, Vol. 85 Issue 3, p13
Features Sherwin B. Nuland, professor of surgery at Yale University's School of Medicine. Books written; Awards received; Recent area of researches.
- Sherwin B. Nuland (1930â€“2014). Grob, Gerald N. // Journal of the History of Medicine & Allied Sciences;Jul2014, Vol. 69 Issue 3, p494
An obituary is presented for surgeon, author, and historian Sherwin B. Nuland.
- Lost in America? Fadiman, Anne // American Scholar;Winter2004, Vol. 73 Issue 1, p2
Features literary surgeon Sherwin Nuland from the U.S. Description of the scholars who dominated the medical history; Way in which Nuland reads his life; Essential aspect of the column written by Nuland in "The American Scholar."
- Maimonides. Olson, Ray // Booklist;10/1/2005, Vol. 102 Issue 3, p28
Reviews the book â€œMaimonides,â€ by Sherwin B. Nuland.