How Partisan Are the Bishops?
- Democrats for health care aided. // National Catholic Reporter;8/6/2010, Vol. 46 Issue 21, p3
The article reports that the Catholics United, who have backed the health care reform bill, have pledged 500,000 dollars to aid the at least four Democrats.
- Catholic Federation and "Catholic Week". Blakely, Paul L. // America;9/2/1916, Vol. 15 Issue 21, p490
The article focuses on the impact of liberalism on the Catholic Church in the U.S. It states that people used government's liberalism to attack the Church and emphasizes the role of the Catholic Federation. It also highlights the celebration of New York's first "Catholic Week" on August 20, 1916...
- Senators Encourage Catholic Social Ministry. // America;3/5/2007, Vol. 196 Issue 8, p6
The article reports on the U.S. senators promotion of the Catholic Social Ministry. It discusses the Nebraska Republican senator Chuck Hagel and Pennsylvania Democract senator Bob Casey praise for people working in Catholic Social Ministry and asking their continuous support to help the poor....
- THREE HOUR CLOSING ON GOOD FRIDAY. EBERHARDT, AULEEN BORDEAUX // America;3/16/1940, Vol. 62 Issue 23, p624
The article reflects on the possibility of urging businesses and U.S. federal government to practice a three hour closing on Good Friday. It says that such idea is accepted by many people because of the inward emotion they feel on the agony of Jesus Christ on the Holy Cross. It explores the...
- Speaking Frankly: A Conversation with Frances Kissling. Bonavoglia, Angela // Conscience: The News Journal of Catholic Opinion;Spring2002, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p22
Interviews Frances Kissling of Catholics for a Free Choice (CFFC). Role of CFFC as evolving from an abortion rights organization to an organization for women's rights; Discussion of the role of Catholicism, Islam, Judaism, other religions, and governments in women's rights; Development of major...
- Canadian Council of Churches comments on U.S. health care debate. Gruending, Dennis // Catholic New Times;9/7/2009, p19
The article presents the opinion of the Canadian Council of Churches (CCC) regarding the debate on health care reform in the U.S. A letter from Reverend Karen Hamilton of CCC describes the role taken by Canadian Christians in terms of health care and health care advocacy. Hamilton cites in her...
- Both parties in House ready to move on from health vote upheaval. Allen, Jared // Hill;4/13/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 37, p8
The article reports on the effort of U.S. House leaders from the Republican and Democratic parties on moving on from the alleged uncivil behavior of the health care reform legislation vote in 2010.
- Healthcare suicide. Keene, David // Hill;3/2/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 20, p25
In this article the author discusses the argument over the healthcare reform in the U.S. which came from the different views of the political parties to the role of the government and the private sector in a free society.
- Dem, GOP centrists meet in secret. Hooper, Molly K. // Hill;6/17/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 71, p1
The article reports on the alleged secretive talks between the U.S. Democratic Party and the Republican Party regarding health care reform issues in 2009.