Mercy Killing at Golgotha
- RUSSIA'S EXPLOSIVE SUMMER IN THE CAUCASUS. Matthews, Owen; Nemtsova, Anna // Newsweek;9/14/2009, Vol. 154 Issue 11, p10
The article examines the social impacts associated with a suicide bombing that killed 21 people in Nazran, Ingushetia during August 2009. The author urges that this act of terrorism hurts the credibility of the Russian government, which has employed tactics to maintain peace in the Muslim...
- Study looks at factors in high veterinary suicide rate in U.K. Whitcomb, Rachel // DVM: The Newsmagazine of Veterinary Medicine;May2010, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p18
The article examines the high veterinary suicide rate in Great Britain. It was found that 93 percent of veterinary healthcare workers are inclined to favor euthanasia of human beings. Veterinarians have higher mortality rates than the general population wherein they commonly use self-poisoning...
- Lethal Injection and the Medicalization of Capital Punishment in the United States. Groner, Jonathan // Health & Human Rights: An International Journal;2002, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p65
The United States continues to enthusiastically practice capital punishment. Since 1976, nearly 800 people have been executed, including 35 mentally retarded individuals and 19 juvenile offenders. As of April 2002, more than 3,700 people awaited execution and, compared to the general population,...
- License to kill. // Commonweal;10/23/98, Vol. 125 Issue 18, p5
Editorial. Comments on physician-assisted suicide. Referendum in Michigan about the issue; Arguments against physician-assisted suicide; Campaign of the Citizens for Compassionate Care coalition against physician-assisted suicide.
- Dutch euthanasia overestimated. Hellema, Henk // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);4/13/91, Vol. 302 Issue 6781, p870
Focuses on the issues of euthanasia in Netherlands. Differences between euthanasia and assisted suicide; Consideration of the number of cases concerning the issues; Definition of euthanasia by the Dutch Royal Commission.
- Database. // U.S. News & World Report;10/25/93, Vol. 115 Issue 16, p10
Offers data on suicide and euthanasia in the United States. Percentage of Americans who approve of Dr. Jack Kevorkian's participation in assisted suicides; Number of states where assisted suicide is illegal; Number of Hemlock Society members in 1983 and in 1993; Number of living Americans who...
- Research claims that a third of 'mercy killers' commit suicide. // British Journal of Nursing;9/25/2003, Vol. 12 Issue 17, p1003
Features the report on euthanasia 'Quality of Mercy,' by the Voluntary Euthanasia Society. Claims that 30 percent of mercy killers go on to commit suicide themselves.
- CATCH-22: IF HE GETS SMARTER, EXECUTE HIM? Wanderer, Robert // ETC: A Review of General Semantics;Jan2006, Vol. 63 Issue 1, p116
This section presents information on various articles and issues that illustrate general semantics. The U.S. Supreme Court decided in 2002 that it is unconstitutional to execute a murderer who is mentally retarded. Scientists in the field of low-dose exposure to toxins are finding that some...
- Doss, Nannie. Mayo, Mike // American Murder;2008, p105
Information about Nannie Doss, a mother of four children is presented. Doss' two middle girls died in 1972 for suspected food poisoning. Furthermore, in 1945, her two grandchildren died with one having a stab on the head. Moreover, in 1953, she was arrested for giving a dose of arsenic to her...