Religion and the Court 1995 A Symposium
- Two principles collide on a Virginia campus. // America;4/8/1995, Vol. 172 Issue 12, p3
Focuses on the United States Supreme Court Case `Rosenberg v. Rector and Visitors of the University of Virginia.' University's refusal of a grant to the religious student journal `Wide Awake: The Christian Perspectives at the University of Virginia'; Claims of religious discrimination by...
- Double cross. Reske, Henry J. // ABA Journal;Apr95, Vol. 81 Issue 4, p48
Discusses the US Supreme Court case `Capitol Square Review Board v. Pinette,' which involves the Ku Klux Klan's attempts at displaying a cross during Christmas at the Capitol Square in Columbus, Ohio. Facts and issue of the case.
- Text of U.S. Supreme Court decision: // Journal of Church & State;Autumn95, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p949
Presents information on the decision by the United States Supreme Court in the case of `Capitol Square Review and Advisory, et al., Petitioners versus Vincent J. Pinette, Donnie A. Carr and Knights of the Ku Klux Klan No. 94-780.'
- Recent developments. Bishop, Brant W. // Harvard Journal of Law & Public Policy;Winter96, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p602
Reports on developments in the United States Supreme Court case Capitol Square Review Board v. Pinette. Freedom of religious expression and the state's support of secularism; Restrictions on governmentally endorsed religious expression; Constitutional treatment of religious expression.
- The Supreme Court and the First Amendment: 1994-1995. // Free Speech Yearbook;1996, Vol. 34, p141
The article focuses on the U.S. Supreme Court and the U.S. Constitution's First Amendment in the 1994-1995 term. It highlights Supreme Court cases related to commercial speech during the term, such as Rubin V. Coors Brewing Co. and Florida Bar v. Went For It Inc. It discusses cases related to...
- University funding for religious activities. // America;1/14/1995, Vol. 172 Issue 1, p16
Focuses on the United States Supreme Court case `Rosenberger versus Rector and Visitors of the University of Virginia.' Foundation of the Wide Awake Products by Ronald W. Rosenberger; Denial of Rosenberg's request for funding by the University; Appeal of Wide Awake to the Federal court of...
- Text of U.S. Supreme Court decision: Ronald W. Rosenberger, et al. v. Rector and visitors of the... // Journal of Church & State;Summer95, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p690
Presents the text of the decision of the United States Supreme Court on the `Ronald W. Rosenberger, et al. versus Rector and Visitors of the University of Virginia, et al.' Contracted Independent Organization status of student groups; Regulation of speech by the government; Violation of...
- High court mandates equal treatment for religion. Ferranti, Jennifer // Christianity Today;8/14/95, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p62
Reports on the Supreme Court decision on the `Rosenberg v. Rector & Visitors of the University of Virginia' case. University's refusal to finance Rosenberg's student publication for advocating a religious viewpoint; Double standards used in university funding; Panacea for religious-liberty problems.
- Recent developments. Oliver, A. Louise // Harvard Journal of Law & Public Policy;Winter96, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p587
Reports on developments in the United States Supreme Court case Rosenberger v. Rector and Visitors of the University of Virginia. Emphasis on the neutrality principle; Respect towards religious choices; Criticism of the Court's decision on the case.