Doing What Can Be Done
- ON THE FRONT BURNER. Shin, Annys // National Journal;3/15/97, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p525
The article presents information on the Partial-Birth Abortion Ban Act that was scheduled in the U.S. House in the wake of a controversy related to an abortion procedure in the United States. The bill was scheduled for a floor vote in March 1997 and it was reintroduced with a ban on what the...
- House overrides late term abortion ban veto. Severson, Kristin // Off Our Backs;Oct96, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p6
Reports on the decision of the US House of Representatives to override a bill of President Clinton that would ban some late term abortions that the anti-abortion movement has labelled `partial birth' abortions. Use of the House vote as an issue against Clinton in the elections.
- House OKs partial-birth ban with veto-proof majority. // Human Events;10/31/97, Vol. 53 Issue 41, p22
Presents the results of an election at the US House of Representatives implementing a legislative ban on partial-birth abortion. Amendments on penalties for offenders; Testimonies presented on the issue; List of legislators voting for and against the bill.
- House overrides veto of ban on partial-birth abortions. // Human Events;10/04/96, Vol. 52 Issue 37, p22
Reports on the US House of Representatives' vote to override President Bill Clinton's veto of the 1995 Partial-Birth Abortion Act. Statements from House members.
- House Bans Partial-Birth Abortions and Lifts Cuban Travel Ban. // Human Events;8/5/2002, Vol. 58 Issue 29, p19
Reports on the approval of a ban on partial-birth abortions by the U.S. House on July 24, 2002. Expectation on U.S. Senate vote on the bill.
- Congress tries again to ban abortion method. // Nation's Health;May2000, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p7
Reports the approval by the United States (US) House of a bill which prohibits partial birth abortion. Highlights on the bill; Similar bill passed by the US Congress which was vetoed by President Bill Clinton.
- House Approves Interior Funding, OKs Labor-HHS Bill, Senate Nixes Test-Ban Treaty, ... // Human Events;11/12/99, Vol. 55 Issue 42, p26
Deals with the bills approved by the United States House on October 21, 1999. Criticisms on the appropriations bill approved for the Department of Interior; Actions taken by the House Republicans to strengthen their tax-cut plans; Other appropriations bills approved by the House; Decision of...
- Partial-birth abortion: The final frontier of abortion jurisprudence. Bopp Jr., James; Cook, Curtis R. // Issues in Law & Medicine;Summer98, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p3
Discusses the law on partial-birth abortion in the United States. Legislative definition; Bans patterned after the federal bill passed by the Congress; Burden on abortion right; Legitimate state interests; Comparison of intact dilation and evacuation and dilation and extraction;...
- Partial-Birth Abortion Ban Act of 1997. // Issues in Law & Medicine;Summer98, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p61
Presents the Partial-Birth Abortion Ban Act of 1997. Provisions of the act.