The Rebbe Live
- An interview with Rabbi Joseph Telushkin. Liss-Levinson, William // Jewish Book World;Fall2014, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p89
An interview with American Rabbi Joseph Telushkin is presented. Topics discussed include reasons behind writing a book based on the teachings of Rabbi Menachem Mendel Schneerson, the unique approach that Telushkin has taken to discuss the role of Schneerson in dynamic religious movement of...
- Alabama joins states honoring Schneerson's memory. // Southern Jewish Life;May2011, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p16
The article announces that Alabama has joined other states in observing Education and Sharing Day, in memory of Rabbi Menachem M. Schneerson of the Chabad-Lubavitch movement. Governor Robert Bentley signed an Alabama proclamation, with the presence of Chabad emissaries of the state. Bentley...
- The Rebbe makes his comeback. // New York;11/28/94, Vol. 27 Issue 47, p18
Reports on the plan to publish a posthumous how-to book entitled `Toward a Meaningful Life' by rebbe Menachem Schneerson but assembled by rabbi Simon Jacobson. Belief on the book's predestiny; Schedule for publication; Theme of the book.
- Rebbe's Teachings Continue to Inspire. Runyan, Joshua // Baltimore Jewish Times;6/20/2014, Vol. 338 Issue 8, p20
The article focuses on Rabbi Menachem Mendel Schneerson, known as Lubavitcher Rebbe, whose 20th death anniversary will be celebrated in June 2014. It says that he assumed leadership of the Chabad-Lubavitch movement as its seventh Rebbe. It mentions the insights of author Joseph Telushkin and...
- Author to discuss Rebbe's legacy at GWU. Laz, Alexa // Washington Jewish Week;6/12/2014, Vol. 50 Issue 24, p6
The article reports that Rabbi Joseph Telushkin will discusses the biography of Lubavitcher rebbe, Rabbi Menachem Schneerson entitled "Rebbe: The Life and Teachings of Menachem M. Schneerson, The Most Influential Rabbi in Modern History" at George Washington University on June 17, 2014.
- Getting to know the Rebbe. KAMARAS, JACOB // New Jersey Jewish News;6/19/2014, Vol. 68 Issue 25, p24
No abstract available.
- Proclamation 8655--Education and Sharing Day, U.S.A., 2011. OBAMA, BARACK // Daily Compilation of Presidential Documents;4/14/2011, Special section p1
The article presents the text of Proclamation 8655 issued by U.S. President Barack Obama on April 14, 2011 about Education and Sharing Day U.S.A. He says it is an opportunity to recommit to preparing younger generations to thrive with principle and purpose in the 21st century. He points out a...
- Jews across denominational spectrum taking up the Montessori method for day schools. // Religion Watch;Mar2014, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p4
The article reports that there is an increase in Jewish parents opting for Montessori preschools instead of Jewish day schools in the U.S. Topics include Jews looking for more secular ways of learning, Montessori schools opened in Brooklyn, New York City, Jewish tenet of educating children...
- The Rebbe: The Life and Afterlife of Menachem Mendel Schneerson. // Publishers Weekly;5/17/2010, Vol. 257 Issue 20, p44
The article reviews the book "The Rebbe: The Life and Afterlife of Menachem Mendel Schneerson," by Samuel Heilman and Menachem Friedman.