WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- You're a what? Cartoonist. Green, Kathleen // Occupational Outlook Quarterly;Fall2008, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p42
The article presents a profile of Hilary Price, a cartoonist of "Rhymes With Orange." It states that Price writes and draws 365 different comic strips per year, a black-and-white strips that run Mondays through Saturdays, and color ones on Sundays. Accordingly, Price examines many sources...
- EXPORTING POISON. // America;4/1/1944, Vol. 70 Issue 26, p715
The author reflects on the export of comic magazines. He mentions that an observer claimed that families, particularly, the mothers, complain on the increasing number of children being curious about the adventures of cartoon characters featured in comic magazines. He suggests that agencies...
- Dykes To Watch Out For. // Off Our Backs;Jul/Aug2005, Vol. 35 Issue 7/8, p72
Presents a caricature related to feminism and women's rights, published in the magazine "Off Our Backs."
- The Comics Journal. Colford, Michael // Library Journal;9/15/2002, Vol. 127 Issue 15, p101
Reviews the periodical 'The Comics Journal,' which focuses on comic books.
- Go T-Gina! Mardon, Mark // Bay Area Reporter;2/26/2004, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p50
Features the comic book "T-Gina," by Gina Kamentsky. Theme and plot; Characters; Homoerotic undertones in the story.
- Funny Bone. // Medical Economics;5/10/2011, Vol. 88 Issue 9, p98
The comic strip "Funny Bone" is presented.
- BECOMING UNSHELVED. Rider, Cindy // Indiana Libraries;2005, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p16
Assesses the portrayal of librarians in "Unshelved," an online comic strip set in a public library. Attributes of the characters in the strip; Political and social issues discussed; Management and customer service techniques provided to readers.
- American comic books in Asia. Deverall, Richard L. G. // America;12/22/1951, Vol. 86 Issue 12, p333
The article focuses on the popularity of the U.S. comic books in Asia. In the western comic books in the region one can find cowboys and sheriffs riding herd on the Red Indian. Since 1948, a Committee on the Evaluation of Comic Books has been scanning the comic book output in the country to...
- MONDO GAGA. Flinn, M. // Boise Weekly;4/14/2010, Vol. 18 Issue 42, p5
The comic strip "Mondo Gaga" is presented.