WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- Age-Dependent Changes of Gap Detection in the Mongolian Gerbil (Meriones unguiculatus). Hamann, Ingo; Gleich, Otto; Klump, Georg M.; Kittel, Malte C.; Strutz, Jürgen // JARO - Journal of the Association for Research in Otolaryngology;Mar2004, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p49
Gap detection using broadband noise was characterized in a group of young gerbils from the breeding colony of the University of Regensburg (RB gerbils), old RB gerbils, and old gerbils from the breeding colony of the University of South Carolina (SC gerbils). Data from old RB and old SC gerbils...
- Making the paper: Arnon Lotem. // Nature;6/12/2008, Vol. 453 Issue 7197, pxi
The article presents information on the paper shown to Arnon Lotem, a professor of zoology at Tel-Aviv University in Israel, and his colleague Ido Erev concerning the pay-off odds of choosing two alternatives described verbally to humans and rats. The paper reported on the certainty effect,...
- RESULTS OF STUDY ABOUT PROFILE OF CANDIDATES TO THE FACULTY OF ANIMAL PRODUCTION DURING 2008 - 2011. Van, I.; Pîrvuleţ, Cristina; Isfan, Nicoleta // Scientific Papers: Series D, Animal Science - The International ;Oct2011, Vol. 54, p311
The aim of this study was to analyze the profile of candidates who chose to apply for a place to the Faculty of Animal Production in Bucharest during 2008 - 2011. For this purpose questionnaires were filed by high school graduates applying for our faculty. Their answers were statistically...
- The College Instructor. Shekhovskaia, N.L. // Russian Education & Society;Aug2002, Vol. 44 Issue 8, p60
Focuses on instructors in Russian colleges and universities. Phenomenon of professional pedagogical culture as an integral property of the personality of the professional teacher; Qualities of a good college instructor; Desire for creative endeavor as an indication of the college teacher's...
- The professoriate in international perspective: Who... Lewis, Lionel S.; Altbach, Philip G. // Academe;May/Jun96, Vol. 82 Issue 3, p29
Focuses on the changes that colleges and universities are going through internationally, and identifies problems affecting the academic profession. Importance of understanding the contemporary academic profession; Benefits derived from comparison of the circumstances of scholars in various...
- Censured Administrations. // Academe;Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 89 Issue 2, p104
Presents a list of censured administrations of institutions published by the American Association of University Professors.
- College and University Academic and Professional Appointments. // Academe;Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 89 Issue 2, p105
Presents a report on college and university academic professional appointments by the American Association of University Professors. Issues discussed in the report; Recommendations.
- Managing Productivity in an Academic Institution: Rethinking the Whom, Which, What, and Whose of Productivity. Rhoades, Gary // Research in Higher Education;Oct2001, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p619
Drawing on a review of scholarly literature, this article suggests rethinking productivity in academic institutions along four dimensions: the productivity of whom, productivity for which unit of analysis, productivity according to what functions, and productivity in whose interests. It offers...
- University vice president guides students down path to the real world. Ayers, Anita // Hudson Valley Business Journal;2/11/2002, Vol. 12 Issue 23, p1
Profiles vice president for Student Affairs Barbara M. Geider of the University of New York. Career history of Geider; Educational background; Managerial skills.