WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- The whole world singing: A journey to Iona and Taize. Lane, Belden C. // Christian Century;03/22/2000, Vol. 117 Issue 10, p336
Narrates the author's experience in visiting religious communities in Geneva, Switzerland which were known for the beauty of their chanted worship. Taize Community; Iona Community; Description of the place.
- MSR Service Listings. // Minnesota Spokesman-Recorder;1/27/2011, Vol. 76 Issue 26, p6
The article offers information on the schedule of religious services of several churches in Minneapolis including the River Of Life Christian Church, Bethesda Baptist Church and New Hope Baptist Church.
- Questioning the Question! Higham, Kevin // Evangel;Autumn2003, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p89
Explores the understanding of women in church governmental leadership and the role women can play in the church generally. Interview of three women and one pastor with experience of leadership within the local church; Examination of society, church tradition and scriptural interpretation.
- From Pulpit to Boob-Tube. Walters, Paul J. // America;9/8/1973, Vol. 129 Issue 6, p147
The author reflects on the existence of communications as part of the religious activities of the Institute for Religious Communications (IRC) in the U.S. He mentions that the American bishops draw together many church communications groups under one organization, the Department of Communication...
- Configuraciï¿½n regional del territorio religioso en Mï¿½xico, 1950--2000. // Frontera Norte;jul-dic2003, Vol. 15 Issue 30, p91
This essay analyzes the relationship between territory and religion from three distinct perspectives: On the theoretical and methodological planes, it reviews various approaches foe analyzing regions, in general, and for the construction of the concepts of religious territory and religious...
- Georgetown's ban puzzles evangelical student groups. // National Catholic Reporter;9/15/2006, Vol. 42 Issue 40, p8
The article reports on the bewilderment of several evangelical student groups regarding the move of Georgetown University to ban its affiliations with outside evangelical ministries in Washington. Outside evangelical ministries which have been banned include the InterVarsity Christian...
- DiIulio: No funds for proselytizers. // Christian Century;03/21/2001, Vol. 118 Issue 10, p9
Deals with issues concerning government support given to religious activities in the United States. Implications of discrimination against faith-based programs; Views of several public figures and religious leaders on faith-based programs. INSET: Graham relief agency said to proselytize.
- Breathing together. Marty, Peter W. // Christian Century;8/23/2005, Vol. 122 Issue 17, p8
Focuses on the importance of a spiritual community to the Christian church. Impact of a community on the life of an individual; Absence of communal spirit in many congregations; Primary reasons of people for attending church.
- Catholic Identity, New Age and Women Religious. McCann, Patricia // America;7/21/2003, Vol. 189 Issue 2, p20
Talks about the lives of religious women. Factors changing the lives of religious women in the second half of the 20th century; Tension between women religious and church authorities in the 1970's; Fundamental questions that religious communities need to explore.