THE WORK OF GOD
- NOTES AND COMMENTS. Callahan, William J. // Catholic Historical Review;Jul2001, Vol. 87 Issue 3, p541
Presents an update on the activities of religious organizations from March to June 2001. Joint meeting between the American Catholic Historical Association and the Canadian Catholic Historical Association on April 6-7, 2001; Summer Research Workshops of the Center for Advanced Holocaust Studies...
- WHILE WE'RE AT IT. Neuhaus, Richard John // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Nov1996, Issue 67, p82
Focuses on the opposition of the U.S. Catholic Conference (USCC) against a bill in the U.S. Congress that would end the funding for parallel churches of the Chinese regime. Information on the Congressional testimony of Tom Quigley of the USCC as summarized by Nina Shea of the Freedom House;...
- Hindu group criticizes pope for 'challenging pluralism' Coday, Dennis // National Catholic Reporter;6/20/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 32, p10
Reports that Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh, a right-wing Hindu group that is closely tied to the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party, has accused Pope John Paul II of challenging the country's pluralism with his remark against anti-conversion laws in the country. Ram Madhav, the group's spokesman's...
- THE PONTIFICAL ACADEMY OF ST. THOMAS AQUINAS: HISTORY AND MISSION. Lobato, Abelardo // Anuario Filosofico;2006, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p309
A presentation of one of the most important Thomistic institutions, the Pontifical Academy of St. Thomas, founded by Pope Leo XIII in 1879, and renewed in 1999 by John Paul II. The article covers the origins of the project, its long history, and its recent reform.
- Remarks to the Knights of Columbus Convention in Dallas, Texas. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;8/9/2004, Vol. 40 Issue 32, p1430
Presents the text of a speech by U.S. President George W. Bush to the Knights of Columbus Convention in Dallas, Texas on August 3, 2004. Contributions of Pope John Paul II to the world; Amount donated by the organization to charity in 2003; Goal of the government's Faith-Based Initiative, which...
- Pilgrimage for Reconciliation. // America;04/10/99, Vol. 180 Issue 12, p3
Focuses on the planned pilgrimage of Pope John Paul II to Israel. Concern expressed by the Latin Patriarchate of Jerusalem; Overview of the social conditions in Israel; Significance of the pope's visit.
- Debate swirls around how long is too long for a pope to reign. Allen Jr., John L. // National Catholic Reporter;06/16/2000, Vol. 36 Issue 32, p6
Deals with the debate on the tenure of Roman Catholic popes. Papal longevity of Pius IX: Papacy of Pope John Paul II; Impact of term limits on the primacy of the pope according to students of papacy; Advantages of limiting the tenure of popes according to the Association for the Rights of...
- NOTES AND COMMENTS. // Catholic Historical Review;Apr2005, Vol. 91 Issue 2, p399
Presents news briefs of interest to Catholics as of April 2005. Increase in the membership fee of the American Catholic Historical Association; Information on an exhibition at the Vittoriano in Rome, Italy; Priests to be beatified by Pope John Paull II.
- APPENDIX A. Paul II, John // Human Life Review;Winter2004, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p110
Presents a speech given by Pope John Paul II, delivered at an International Congress, sponsored by the Pontifical Academy for Life and the International Catholic Federation of Medical Associations in Rome on March 20, 2004, concerning life sustaining treatments and the vegetative state.