HEROES AND HEROINES
- THE PUBLIC SQUARE: WHILE WE'RE AT IT. Neuhaus, Richard John // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Feb2003, Issue 130, p74
Focuses on theme of various books on Christianity and theology. Description of the Charles PÃ©guy's thinking on the acts of cowardice; Details of the letter written by the U.S. Jesuit Conference to the U.S. President George W. Bush; Threat posed by militant islam to traditional Christianity;...
- BASIC VERITIES. Fowlie, Wallace // America;1/23/1943, Vol. 68 Issue 16, p439
The article reviews the book "Basic Verities," by Charles PÃ©guy and translated by Ann Green and Julian Green.
- An Homage to Charles PÃ©guy. Hill, Geoffrey // Paris Review;Summer83, Vol. 25 Issue 88, p41
This article is about Charles PÃ©guy who was born in 1873 into a family of barely literate peasants, to whom be subsequently devoted much eloquent homage, and died, an aging infantry lieutenant of the Reserve, on the first day of the first Battle of the Marne in September 1914. PÃ©guy had...
- A God Who Trembles. Ryan, Jerry // Commonweal;12/19/2008, Vol. 135 Issue 22, p13
The article reviews the book "The Porch of the Mystery of the Second Virtue," by Charles PÃ©guy.
- A little hope. Marty, Martin E. // Christian Century;12/12/2006, Vol. 123 Issue 25, p55
In this article the author responds to readers who claim that his columns have been less optimistic than normal. He discusses the difficulty inherent in sustaining feelings of hope, particularly in a period marked by tragedies such as befell mankind in 2006. He presents excerpts from the poem...
- SUPERB RELIGIOUS POETRY. GARDINER, HAROLD C. // America;9/8/1945, Vol. 73 Issue 23, p458
The article reviews the poetry book "God Speaks," by Charles Peguy.
- PÃ©guy, Charles. Guyon, Bernard // Columbia Dictionary of Modern European Literature;1980, p605
A profile of French poet and essayist Charles PÃ©guy is presented. Information on his birth, birthplace, and professional recognitions that he achieved is presented. An overview of his literary style is offered. Some of his works include "Jeanne d'Arc," and "Le MystÃ¨re des Saints Innocents."
- The Mystery of the Charity of Joan of Arc (Book). Wohlsen Jr., Theodore O.; Fletcher, Janet // Library Journal;10/15/1986, Vol. 111 Issue 17, p97
Reviews the book 'The Mystery of the Charity of Joan of Arc,' by Charles Peguy.
- PÃ©guy's God speaks. Christina, Sister M. // America;8/16/1947, Vol. 77 Issue 20, p549
The article focuses on the work of Charles PÃ©guy. It relates the recently translated collection of poems of PÃ©guy entitled "God Speaks" to them and through them. It also highlights some criticisms of his medium, analysis which is elusive, in which one only knows that the trust invites the...