WHEN SILENCE IS CRIMINAL
- A Seventy-Year Friendship. Striker, Sándor // Hungarian Quarterly;Summer2010, Vol. 51 Issue 198, p139
The article explores the friendship between Hungarian author Arthur Koestler and industrial designer Eva Zeisel. The author reflects on the influence of Zeisel and the experiences of prison life on characters in books by Koestler such as "Darkness at Noon." The article recounts their mutual...
- A Man Who Knew His Century. Pryce-Jones, David // National Review;9/12/2005, Vol. 57 Issue 16, p42
Presents an obituary for author Arthur Koestler. Reference to Koestler's novel, "Darkness at Noon"; Reference to his essay collection, "The God That Failed"; Reference to Koestler's autobiographies, "Arrow in the Blue" and "The Invisible Writings"; Report that Koestler went undercover as a war...
- Foreign Minister Westerwelle on Egypt: an inclusive process under civilian leadership is the right way forward, not stre. // African Business News;7/26/2013, p13
The article reports that German Foreign Minister Guido Westerwelle issued statement on the situation in Egypt. He said that there need to be a political solution to the conflict in Egypt and exclusion and political persecution need not be allowed. All sides need to seek dialogue and a new start...
- Remembering the Koestlers. Mikes, George // American Scholar;Spring84, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p219
Profiles writer Arthur Koestler. Deteriorating health of the author; Death of the writer; Books written by the author.
- Memories of Arthur Koestler. Sayre, Nora // Raritan;Winter2000, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p19
Recounts a story about the author's experiences with Arthur Koestler, a communist who died in 1983. Information on Koestler's works; Koestler's health condition.
- Editorial. // PROBATION junior;2012, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p3
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including the role of families in an inmate's life and on the writings of Arthur Koestler and Albert Camus.
- Arthur Koestler's Moral Logic and the Duty to Know. King, Robert L. // Massachusetts Review;Spring2000, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p45
Criticizes the written works of author Arthur Koestler. How Koestler reacts to criticisms; Style used by Koestler; Interpretation of some of his works.
- JANUS: A summing up. Koestler, Arthur // Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists;Mar1979, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p4
An excerpt from the book "Janus," by Arthur Koestler is presented.
- ARTHUR KOESTLER, 1905-1983. // New Republic;3/28/83, Vol. 188 Issue 12, p7
Presents an obituary for former U.S. cabinet member Arthur Koestler, who died in March 1983.