- Untitled. Murray, John Courtney // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Aug/Sep1996, Issue 65, p41
Highlights the view of John Courtney Murray on the state of democracy. Belief that democracy is being transformed into the political and social organization of a great error.
- Why Pluralism Needs Monism. Leithart, Peter J. // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Aug/Sep1992, Issue 25, p8
Comments on the importance of monism to pluralism. Position of monism on sovereignty according to theologian John Courtney Murray; Theological truths of which critiques of monism fail to take account; Implications of the pervasiveness of social monism in history.
- He Held These Truths. McElroy, Robert W. // America;2/7/2005, Vol. 192 Issue 4, p8
The article focuses on Catholic theologian John Courtney Murray of the United States. John Courtney Murray is the most significant Catholic theologian the church in the United States has ever produced. From his birth in l904 until his death in l967, Murray occupied a unique role in bringing...
- UNDERSCORINGS. C. K. // America;11/18/1950, Vol. 84 Issue 7, p181
The article provides updates related to religion and politics in the U.S. Harold A. Stevens is considered the first Negro who was nominated as a judge of the Court of General Sessions of New York County. The theme of Reverend John Louis Corrigan's doctoral dissertation, Management and...
- He Lived With Wisdom. Burghardt, Walter J. // America;9/9/1967, Vol. 117 Issue 11, p248
The article presents an obituary for Father John Courtney Murray, who has served the country and Church in Washington, D.C. and Rome, Italy.
- Man of the City. // Time;8/25/1967, Vol. 90 Issue 8, p44
An obituary for Reverend John Courtney Murray is presented.
- EDITORIALS. // America;8/26/1967, Vol. 117 Issue 9, p195
The article presents an obituary for Father John Courtney Murray, editor of "Theological Studies."
- OF MANY THINGS. SHERIDAN, MICHAEL P. // America;9/2/1967, Vol. 117 Issue 10, preceding p209
The article presents an obituary for Fr. John Courtney Murray, teacher at Woodstock College in New York.
- John Courtney Murray. COGLEY, JOHN // America;9/2/1967, Vol. 117 Issue 10, p220
The article presents an obituary for the late Jesuit priest and theologian John Courtney Murray.