When Insults No Longer Insult
- Jurisdictional fight looms. Brush, Silla // Hill;2/4/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 14, p16
The article reports on the debate between Collin Peterson, Representative and chairman of the House Agriculture Committee, and Barney Frank, chairman of the House Financial Services Committee, over who should take the lead in regulating credit derivatives.
- Jon's Vu Understanding? // Ellis County Press;12/15/2011, Vol. 20 Issue 36, p3
The author discusses the sound bites of political debates which do not tell the whole story, but just an opinion of a politician of the significant things which were discussed.
- Editors' Introduction. Williams, David Cratis; Young, Marilyn J. // Controversia;Fall2012, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p9
An introduction to the journal, which examines public political argument in the U.S., Bulgaria and Russia, is presented.
- The Words You Should Not Use In Political Debate. EDABURN, PATRICK // Moderate Voice;11/9/2012, p20
A blog related to the term not belong or should not use in political debate is discussed.
- Duped by pro-Palin grading system. Mellman, Mark S. // Hill;10/15/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 119, p21
The article focuses on the author's view regarding the outcome of the vice presidential debate in the U.S.
- Try and keep civil while engaging in political debate. Hannigan, Michael V. // Malakoff News (TX);6/26/2009, Vol. 100 Issue 26, p4A
In this article the author discusses proper decorum in engaging political debate in the U.S.
- Bias, Difference or Balance: Newspaper Coverage of the 2004 Presidential Debates. Lieb, Kristin // Conference Proceedings -- National Communication Association Nat;2005, p76
An abstract of the paper "Bias, Difference or Balance: Newspaper Coverage of the 2004 Presidential Debates," by Kristin Lieb, which was presented at the National Doctoral Honors Seminar organized by the National Communication Association from July 25-28, 2005 at the University of Oklahoma in...
- CIS CONTRIBUTES TO IMPORTANT POLITICAL DEBATES IN AUSTRALIA AND ABROAD. // PreCIS;Dec2010, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p22
The article presents the contributions of researchers from the Center for Independent Studies (CIS) to the political debates in Australia including one by Elise Parham's report in "Behind the Moral Curtain," over the inclusion of a bill of rights in the Constitution, another by Luke Malpass who...
- PRESIDENTIAL JEOPARDY. // American Conservative;Aug2011, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p4
The article focuses on the first New Hampshire Republican debate in the U.S.