What's Your Name?
- WHAT'S IN A NAME? // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);2/24/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p8
The article presents the insights of the Clarendon Church of Christ in Clarendon, Texas on the religious aspects of personal names.
- Call me by name. Fagerberg, David W. // U.S. Catholic;Sep99, Vol. 64 Issue 9, p44
Focuses on the importance of names to men and how men learn God's name. Liturgical implication of learning God's name; Phases to the catechumenate that led to Easter Baptism; Meaning of the sacrament of baptism.
- Of many things. Mattimoe, Edward J. // America;12/6/1997, Vol. 177 Issue 18, p2
Ponders on age-old tradition of giving a child a name with Christian significance, usually a name of a saint. Ten most popular names of boys and girls according to New York Times; Earlier study about the ten most favorite names.
- WHAT'S IN A NAME? REFLECTIONS UPON DIVINE NAMES AND THE ATTRACTION OF GOD TO ISRAEL. Adler, Amitai // Jewish Bible Quarterly;Oct-Dec2009, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p265
The article offers reflections upon divine names as well as the attraction of God to Israel. It notes that a name tends to define the character of the named thing in essence. It explains that divine names have different significances and different levels of meaning. It points out that all the...
- 10th June: Proper 5: Mark 3: 20-35. McKimmon, Eric G. // Expository Times;May2012, Vol. 123 Issue 8, p398
The article describes the concept of misnaming from the point of view of Christianity. From the Christian point of view, to misname is determinative of happiness or misery. It is stated to be a state of mind that can become permanent. It is stated that God has given its disciples a precious...
- The Question of Divine Absence in Israelite and West Semitic Religion. Burnett, Joel S. // Catholic Biblical Quarterly;Apr2005, Vol. 67 Issue 2, p215
Discusses the concern over divine absence in Israelite and West Semitic religion during the Iron Age and earlier. Examination of the form in which the concern for divine absence comes to expression; Association between personal names and divine absence; Recognition of a specific liturgical...
- Like as a Fire. Trubee, Eldon // Farm & Dairy;11/6/2014, Vol. 101 Issue 7, pA25
The article offers the author's insights on a biblical story found in the book of Luke 1:26-33 which focuses on the meaning of the name of Jesus Christ.
- The Pictures. Lemon, Brendan // New Yorker;12/07/98-12/14/98, Vol. 74 Issue 38, p70
Focuses on the sources of names. Connotation of the name `Joe'; Motion pictures with the name Joe in their titles.
- Such a waste of time to keep changing names. Brown, Joseph // Headway;Apr97, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p23
Opinion. Presents the author's view on psychological impact of changing a person's names. The author's experience of receiving a letter from The College Fund/UNCF; The author's belief on changing the name of UNCF; Description of Negro; Categories of Negroes; Advertisement ran by UNCF in 1995...