For All the Saints
- All Saints' 'shenanigans.'. MANNION, M. FRANCIS // Our Sunday Visitor;11/27/2011, Vol. 100 Issue 31, p19
The article presents questions and answers related to All Saints' day and death.
- Wise Christians clip obituaries. Thomas, Gary // Christianity Today;10/3/94, Vol. 38 Issue 11, p24
Discusses the benefits of using the idea of death to enhance the qualities of one's life. Majority of people's reluctance to think about death; Focus on perspective; Redefinition of priorities; Death as a consoling thought for those who face losses or difficult trials; Reunion with God through...
- The enemy. Anderson, Norwood R. // Christianity Today;2/7/94, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p36
Presents a biblical case for fighting death throughout our lives. How the author, as a physician, has come to a truce with death; Why Christians need not fear death; Biblical teachings that have helped guide the author's way.
- To suffer and die in Christ. Genovesi, Vincent J. // America;3/23/1996, Vol. 174 Issue 10, p8
Discusses the Christian doctrine of dying. Divisive issues of euthanasia and physician-assisted suicide; Suffering as the greatest test of faith; Process of dying.
- Too Close to Death. Asimakoupoulos, Allison // Campus Life;Mar/Apr2002, Vol. 60 Issue 8, p12
Reflects on death. Helplessness over death; Divine control in every situation; Trust in God.
- Question Corner: Does God's knowledge of death conflict with need for life? Dietzen, John // Catholic East Texas;4/4/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p4
The article presents an answer to a question on whether the knowledge of God about the time of death of an individual conflicts with the claim of the Catholic church that God does not decide when life will end, particularly in the case of abortion.
- Religious truce. Mercadante, Linda // Christian Century;11/03/99, Vol. 116 Issue 30, p1046
Recounts the author's baptism to Catholicism and its implication to her father's death. Information on how she coped up with the pain she felt for her dying father; Religious confrontations she encountered during her father's funeral service; Reflections on death.
- Knocking on heaven's door. // U.S. Catholic;Nov98, Vol. 63 Issue 11, p2
Examines why today's homilist or teachers find it hard to teach or confront the faithful with the subjects about heaven, hell, purgatory and even limbo. How Protestant and some Catholic divines preach the subjects years ago; Reflections on the teachings of Father Bernard Haring, one of the...
- William Stringfellow and the Christian witness against death. Slocum, Robert B. // Anglican Theological Review;Spring95, Vol. 77 Issue 2, p173
Discusses theologian William Stringfellow's views and Christian interpretation of death. Identification of various forms of the power of death; Witnessing against death; Stringfellow's bout with a serious illness which resulted to death; Perception on the threats of death.