- `Diversity' in adversity: The retreat from affirmative action. Fraiman, Susan // NWSA Journal;Spring97, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p39
Discusses the concept of diversity or multiculturalism and affirmative action programs in the United States. Imposition of program in universities; Decline of programs redressing wrongs against marginalized groups; Avoidance of addressing domestic race and gender relations.
- On being the object of concern. Samantrai, Ranu // NWSA Journal;Spring97, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p49
Focuses on affirmative action programs and policies of diversity or multiculturalism in California. Background of affirmative action; Impact on non-black ethnic minorities; History of race relations in California; Factors to consider in domestic race relations; Adoption of critical...
- Power not plurality: A response to Estella Lauter and Ranu Samantrai. Fraiman, Susan // NWSA Journal;Spring97, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p54
Argues in favor of affirmative action programs over policies of `diversity' or multiculturalism in the United States. Comparison of advantages of two concepts; Concern over uses of `diversity' at given political moment; Ideological instability of `diversity'; Paradigms of civil right and...
- Minority recruitment: Whose responsibility? Erin, Jane N. // Re:View;Fall90, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p135
Presents reflections on multicultural awareness, minority recruitment and affirmative action. Terms as an indication of inherent race discrimination in the country; Implications for those working with the visually impaired and the blind.
- How the Job Market, Anti-Semitism and Affirmative Action Intersect: A Glimpse in One Life. Weinbaum, Batya // NWSA Journal;Fall98, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p183
Addresses the author's personal experience of the academic job market which indicates that the conceptualization of multiculturalism and affirmative action appear inadequate to stop prejudice in American society. Identity politics and progress; Call for increased awareness of the shortcomings...
- `First, You Got to Use What's Lying Around the House': Some Personal Reflections on Affirmative Action and White Feminism. Washington, Patricia Ann // NWSA Journal;Fall98, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p168
Narrates the personal account of a Black woman about affirmative action and White feminism in the United States. Examination of some of the painful myths about affirmative action; Manifestations of White racism in higher education; Belief that racialized people have made huge gains under...
- Multiculturalism, affirmative action, and Section 21 of the 1992 Rehabilitation Act Amendments... Middleton, Renee A.; Flowers, Carl // Rehabilitation Counseling Bulletin;Sep96, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p11
Discusses inherent difficulties associated with the implementation of Section 21 of the 1992 Rehabilitation Act amendments. Premise that both affirmative action and cultural diversity are necessary for achieving multiculturalism; Importance of organizational change through proactive change...
- A pox on multiculturalism. Kreyche, Gerald F. // USA Today Magazine;Sep95, Vol. 124 Issue 2604, p98
Points out the harmful effects of pushing multiculturalism. Encouragement of affirmative action programs; Replacement of discrimination with another form of discrimination; Minorities' preference for segregation; Inability to produce unity.
- The Corporation and the Women's Revolution. Odiorne, George S. // Training & Development Journal;May75, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p3
Examines how the women's movement will impact the U.S. workplace and the corporate sector. Factors that limit the influence of the women's revolution as a power group; Steps necessary to transform woman power into political power; Common goals of the women's movement and racial groups; Women in...