THE GLOBALISM OF A FORUM OF FORMERS
- The Blair Files. Blair, Tim // Institute of Public Affairs Review;Jun2002, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p14
Reveals why Australia and other countries need the United Nations (UN). View of Mary Robinson, a UN human rights advocate, on the measures taken to combat terrorism; Issue of Israel's counterattack in Jenin.
- Returning to the United Nations. Pradhan, Om // UN Chronicle;1999, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p69
Comments on the role of the United Nations (UN) in international cooperation, diplomacy and peacekeeping from its inception to the 1990s. Membership of Bhutan in the UN; Issues concerning decolonization and global development; Proposals for reforms in the UN system.
- The End of East-West Division But Not the End of History. Martynov, Vladlen // UN Chronicle;2000, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p18
Deals with the mission and challenges that the United Nations (UN) should face in 2000. Factors essential in allowing the UN to fulfill its mission of being the guarantor of world order; Repercussions of the end of the East-West division in the international system; Challenge posed by...
- New commission for Western Sahara to advance peace process. // United Nations Chronicle;Sep89, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p25
Announces the establishment of a technical commission to advance the peace process in Western Sahara. Key members; Results of the first meeting.
- What is the `International Community'? Seabrook, Jeremy // Ecologist;Dec99, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p438
Editorial. Evaluates issues concerning the emergence of the International Community phenomenon. Proponents; Criticisms of the archaic concept of the United Nations (UN); Concern expressed by some people about the reform of the UN.
- Liberia. Mallozzi, Jennifer; Rutsch, Horst // UN Chronicle;1997, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p65
Presents information on the internal conflict resolution in Liberia under the auspices of the United Nations (UN). Challenges faced by Liberia towards the end of the civil war; Information on the achievements of UN Observer Mission in Liberia.
- The Best Time?...Or the End of Time? Birenbaum, David E. // UN Chronicle;1999, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p42
Cites ways on how to improve and maintain the status of the United Nations (UN) as an effective organization. Possible consequences if the United States loses interest in the UN; International missions which would legitimize the UN as the universal world organization.
- UN and IPU cooperation strengthened. // UN Chronicle;1999, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p93
Reports on the cooperation between the United Nations and the International Parliamentary Union (IPU) in 1998. UN organizations that IPU worked with in 1998; Agenda of IPU.
- Disarming Our Hearts and Our Nations. Dear, John // UN Chronicle;2000, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p59
Discusses the steps to be taken by the United Nations to improve non-violence and peace worldwide. Aid in the abolition of nuclear weapons; Abolition of war; Imposition of economic sanctions on Iraq.