JUST A HINT OF PARTISANSHIP
- Hillary Clinton speaks out on women's rights. // Off Our Backs;Apr99, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p4
Reports that United States First Lady Hillary Clinton spoke about the suffering of women in Algeria and Afghanistan during her trip to North Africa. Abuses of Muslim rebels against women in Algeria; Severe restrictions the Taliban placed on women in Afghanistan.
- Being just like Bill. Borger, Gloria // U.S. News & World Report;12/06/99, Vol. 127 Issue 22, p38
Compares political activities of first lady Hillary Clinton to those of her husband, United States president Bill Clinton. Criticism of Hillary Clinton's New York Senate candidacy; Observation that Hillary is adopting similar political strategies to President Clinton; Her reactions when things...
- The first lobbyist. Borger, Gloria // U.S. News & World Report;09/13/99, Vol. 127 Issue 10, p27
Comments on Hillary Rodham Clinton's influence with President Bill Clinton in light of allegations that she had political motives for urging him to support clemency for members of a Puerto Rican terrorist organization imprisoned in the United States. Her comments about the range of topics which...
- No Wonder the NEA Hails Hillary. LaBarbera, Peter // Human Events;07/30/99, Vol. 55 Issue 28, p1
Comments on the views on education of Hillary Clinton, First Lady of the United States. Reasons of the National Education Association for awarding Clinton the 1999 Friend of Education Award; Information on the Governor's School Program for high school students in Arkansas which Clinton supported.
- Hillary goes millennial. Howard, Lucy; Binswanger, C.K. // Newsweek;1/19/1998, Vol. 131 Issue 3, p4
Focuses on the ways in which United States first lady Hillary Clinton is preparing for the millennium. Her invitation to television network officials to come to the White House to increase their interest in the White House Millennium Project; Plans to launch the project with the first in a...
- The Week. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);10/9/93, Vol. 307 Issue 6909, p890
Focuses on the contribution of U.S. first lady Hillary Clinton in health care reform in the region. Benefits of health care reform; Influence of political aptitude and pragmatic feminism on Clinton's view on health care reform; Rate of American people disagree with the medicine reform.
- It Takes a Stadium. Stevenson, Matthew // American Spectator;Aug99, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p78
Presents several statements given by United States First Lady Hillary Rodham Clinton on various issues. Comments on the New York Yankees baseball team; Overview of her personal life in the 1970s; Views on her husband's affair with another woman.
- Hillary Supports Sex Trafficking. Edwards, Catherine // Insight on the News;02/14/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p14
Reveals that United States First Lady Hillary Clinton supports sex trafficking in the United States. Group chaired by Clinton which is trying to decriminalize sex trafficking; Details on the prevalence of sex trafficking in the United States; Legislators concerned about administration advocacy...
- Tammy Wynette. // U.S. News & World Report;9/28/92, Vol. 113 Issue 12, p26
Reports that country singer Tammy Wynette sang `America the Beautiful' at a Bill Clinton presidential campaign fund-raiser last week in Beverly Hills, California. Eight months ago Wynette was angry at Hillary Clinton's comment made on `60 Minutes,' about the song `Stand By Your Man'; Hillary's...