MORE ON INTENTIONS AND ACTS
- Richard McCormick, R.I.P. // Commonweal;03/10/2000, Vol. 127 Issue 5, p6
Pays tribute to moral theologian Richard McCormick who died in February 2000. His career background; Written works; Contribution to Catholic moral theology.
- A marvelous exponent of the living tradition. Curran, Charles E. // National Catholic Reporter;03/03/2000, Vol. 36 Issue 18, p12
Pays tribute to Jesuit Father Richard A. McCormick who died on February 12, 2000. Cause of his death; Contributions to moral theology; Educational and career background; Background of his Christian life.
- Vital Conflicts and Virtue Ethics. RHONHEIMER, MARTIN // National Catholic Bioethics Quarterly;Spring2012, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p9
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Vital Conflicts and Virtue Ethics," by Martin Rhonheimer in 2011 issue.
- Fundamentalism hinders theology. Malcolm, Teresa // National Catholic Reporter;6/14/96, Vol. 32 Issue 32, p9
Reports that the use of authority in an attempt to settle particular issues of medical ethics has become an obstacle to the development of moral theology according to Jesuit priest Richard A. McCormick. Impact of a `Catholic fundamentalism' on critical reflection.
- FUNDAMENTAL MORAL THEOLOGY AT THE BEGINNING OF THE NEW MILLENNIUM: LOOKING BACK, LOOKING FORWARD. Keenan, James F. // Theological Studies;Mar2004, Vol. 65 Issue 1, p119
[In this initial segment of this year's "Notes on Moral Theology," the author provides a survey of the literature centering on fundamental moral theology published over the last three years or so. He focuses in part one on a variety of Festschriften honoring major ethicists; in part two he...
- Moral Ambiguity, Christian Sectarianism, and Personal Repentance: Reflections on Richard McCormick's Moral Theology. Cherry, Mark J. // Christian Bioethics: Non-ecumenical Studies in Medical Morality;Dec2008, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p283
This article raises three challenges to Richard McCormick's proportionalism. First, adequately to judge proportionate reason requires the specification of a particular background moral content and metaphysical context. Absent such specification, evaluation of proportionate reason is inherently...
- Enriching Proportionalism Through Christian Narrative in Bioethics: The Decisive Development in Richard McCormick's Moral Theory? Boyle, Joseph // Christian Bioethics: Non-ecumenical Studies in Medical Morality;Dec2008, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p302
In this short response to Peter Clarke's thorough and interesting tracing of the developments in Richard McCormick's approach to moral questions, I take a perspective external to the concerns of Clarke's paper. I propose to look at the developments in McCormick's approach not so much from the...
- NOTES ON MORAL THEOLOGY 1965 THROUGH 1980 (Book Review). Maguire, Daniel C. // Theological Studies;Mar82, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p164
Reviews the book 'Notes on Moral Theology 1965 Through 1980,' by Richard A. McCormick.
- Notes on Moral Theology 1965 through 1980. Hollenbach, David // America;9/19/1981, Vol. 145 Issue 7, p144
The article reviews the book "Notes on Moral Theology 1965 through 1980," by Richard A. McCormick, S. J.