What T. S. Eliot Almost Believed
- Notes and Comment. // New Yorker;1/16/1965, Vol. 40 Issue 48, p25
The article focuses on the death of poet, dramatist and literary critic T. S. Eliot. His death affects the English-speaking world in which his cultural presence has united two literatures. He was considered to be the most penetrating poet that makes his poems so unforgettable. He was compared to...
- Literary Contexts in Plays: T. S. Eliot's "The Cocktail Party". Bolton, Matthew J. // Literary Contexts in Plays: T.S. Eliot's 'The Cocktail Party';2006, p1
This essay presents information about T. S. Eliot's play "The Cocktail Party." The essay provides a plot summary of the play and contextualizes the content through an exploration of historical, religious, scientific & technological, societal and biographical information. "The Cocktail Party" is...
- THE WASTE LAND BY T. S. ELIOT: AN OVERVIEW. Kumar, Sandeep // Golden Research Thoughts;Feb2014, Vol. 3 Issue 8, p1
The Waste Land is an essay in creating a poem on grand scale out of the vision of a devitalized world, a world that has denied the spiritual life. The poem affords a terrifying picture of a phantasmagoria of futility and anarchy which is contemporary history seen through the eyes of an...
- Books. // New Statesman;9/4/2006, Vol. 135 Issue 4808, p54
This article provides biographical timeline for the life of poet John Betjeman. Betjeman was born in 1906, was taught by poet T. S. Eliot while attending Highgate School, published his first book of poems called "Mount Zion" in 1931, was knighted by the Queen of Great Britain in 1969, and died...
- A craving for reality: T. S. Eliot today. Kimball, Roger // New Criterion;Oct99, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p18
Focuses on poet T.S. Eliot and his works. Memorable phrases from Eliot's critical prose; Criticisms of Eliot's poetry; Philistine attack on Eliot; Biographical accounts of Eliot's life; Observations concerning Eliot's works; Eliot's emotional life.
- T.S. Eliot. Vendler, Helen // Time International (South Pacific Edition);6/8/1998, Issue 23, p73
Profiles poet T.S. Eliot, who was chosen one of the 100 most influential people of the twentieth century by `Time' magazine. Biographical data; Career highlights. INSET: Other voices, by Paul Gray.
- EDITOR'S PAGE. Schwartz, Joseph // Renascence;Spring1988, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p158
Explores articles and topics on the achievement of the late poet T.S. Eliot.
- ESSAYS, SPEECHES, NOTES: TRIBUTE TO T. S. ELIOT. Stevens, Wallace // Opus Posthumous;1989, p240
The article offers insights on the works of poet and author T. S. Eliot.
- T. S. Eliot. // Modern American Poetry;1921, p356
The article presents a brief profile of American expatriate poet T. S. Eliot.