- Reflections of a Radical(Single)Mom. Martens, China // Off Our Backs;Mar2006, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p58
The article focuses on the experiences of single mothers with reference to the author's own experience. The author's experience of growing up told her that fathers are only the discipline enforcers of the family and no matter how much the mother works, she gets no recognition. So the author...
- Secrets of a not-so-perfect family. Winik, Marion // Redbook;Apr98, Vol. 190 Issue 6, p70
Relates the author's feelings being a single mother. How she felt when her husband died; Author's relationship with her two sons.
- Single mothers ministry provides support. Shaw, Taylor // Charlotte Post;1/17/2013, Vol. 38 Issue 19, p4B
The article focuses on the What About My Baby and Me? (WAMBAM) ministry at the Church of the Apostolic Revival.
- The Single Mom's Survival Guide. Tharps, Lori L. // Essence (Time Inc.);May2005, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p307
Introduces a series of articles on becoming a successful single mother.
- Coming Maelstrom: Coping With the Population Crisis. Plate, Tom // San Diego Business Journal;3/12/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p54
The article comments on the increasing instances of single motherhood. A study has examined a startling approach for women to raise children, referring to the rearing of children in the absence of men. Central to the problem is the increasing number of women who cannot seem to find a...
- single. solo. uno. the power of one. Coppa, Christine // Baby Talk;Apr2012, Vol. 77 Issue 3, p49
The article presents suggestions for single pregnant women and new mothers on dealing with single motherhood. Leah Klungness, a psychologist, says that single mothers often carry guilt due to the circumstances that led to being a single parent. Louise Sloan, a single mother, says that instead of...
- Single Motherhood Via Donor-Insemination (DI): Separation, Absence, and Family Creation. Mazor, Aviva // Contemporary Family Therapy: An International Journal;Jun2004, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p199
The formation of single motherhood by choice via donor-insemination became one of the alternative family structures in recent years. This paper presents the construction of pre-maternal processes, decision-making and the actual preparation for motherhood via a clinical case study. The...
- are boys more popular than girls? Herr, Laurie // Health (Time Inc. Health);Sep2003, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p104
Discusses why a larger percentage of single mothers marry the father of their child if the baby is a boy than if it is a girl. Possible explanations for the trend.
- Maria Angela Miranda. Miranda, Luis // Teen Ink;May2000, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p30
The author explains why he admires his single mother. The author describes the hard work and multiple jobs taken by his mother to ensure that her children had food on their table at every meal. The author relates how his mother singlehandedly purchased a home in San Fernando Valley, California...