Waco, Wackos, and Politics
- A city scarred but resurgent. Richardson, Dave // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;3/17/2006, Issue 2708, p63
The article relates the author's experience on his visit in Belfast, Northern Ireland. The first visit of the author in the place, he was bemused by how people approach any public building. The author found that Europa Hotel remained open despite of repeated bombings. It was now standing with...
- Terrorism awareness triggering closer look at exposure. Lenckus, Dave // Business Insurance;6/5/95, Vol. 29 Issue 23, p3
Reports on security measures in public buildings since the bombing of the Alfred P. Murrah building in Oklahoma City. Installation of video surveillance cameras in municipal buildings; Restriction in the public use of building entrances and elevator banks; Installation of perimeter fencing in...
- Oklahoma outrage. Kliment, Stephen A. // Architectural Record;May1995, Vol. 183 Issue 5, p9
Laments over the car bomb explosion at the Murrah Federal Office Building in Oklahoma City during April 1995. List of other terrorist attacks on public buildings; Architecture of urban buildings in bomb-prone nations; Suggestions to architects.
- License to Kill. McAllister, J.F.O. // Time International (South Pacific Edition);10/2/2000, Issue 39, p43
Focuses on a terrorist bombing of the headquarters of Britain's foreign intelligence agency, MI6, in September 2000. Suspicion which was centered on the Real I.R.A., Strategy of the organization which opposes the Northern Ireland peace process, which is to seek publicity.
- Xinhua Comments on Explosions in Taiyuan. // Chinascope;Nov/Dec2013, Issue 66, p19
The article presents the commentary published in the November 7, 2013 issue of "Xinhua," which examined the multiple explosions at the Provincial Communist Party building in Taiyuan, Shanxi Province, China.
- 8 monks get up to life terms for alleged bombing. // Tibetan Review: The Monthly Magazine on all Aspects of Tibet;Nov2008, Vol. 43 Issue 11, p5
The article reports that eight monks were sentenced to life imprisonment due to bombing a township government office in Tibet, China. According to the report, the monks had detonated a homemade bomb inside the township government building in the early hours of March 23, 2008 after carrying it...
- Two Essays. // Narrative Magazine;Winter2009, p1
The article presents information on an essay read by writer Amy Bloom at the Narrative Night event in San Francisco, California, in March 2008. Amy read an essay about the literal and figurative contents of her closet and then talk about the nature of coincidence.
- What do coincidences really mean? Covington, Dennis // Redbook;Aug95, Vol. 185 Issue 4, p42
Discusses various aspects of coincidence. Mathematicians' stand on the role of laws of probability in coincidences; Failure of mathematics to take into account the psychological impact of coincidence; Theory on the purpose of coincidence; Physicists' espousal of a theory called the causal...
- The raspberry seeds that weren't. Gould, John // Christian Science Monitor;6/27/97, Vol. 89 Issue 149, p17
Presents the author's experiences with the world sweeping in circles and the stray bits of information that become somehow linked together.