CPSC and Central recall Omega fire sprinklers
- Omega recall sparks new scrutiny. Ceniceros, Roberto // Business Insurance;08/16/99, Vol. 33 Issue 33, p3
Reports on the effects of Central Sprinkler Corp.'s recall of its Omega fire sprinkler heads on the possible improvement of sprinkler testing standards. Government scrutiny of all fire sprinklers; Manufacturer's acknowledgment in October 1998 that the heads were defective; Settlement of suits...
- CPSC recalls 35 million O-ring fire sprinklers. Mader, Robert P. // Contractor Magazine;Aug2001, Vol. 48 Issue 8, p1
Reports on the decision of the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission and Central Sprinkler Co. to recall several fire sprinklers with O-rings. Types of sprinklers; Results of the laboratory testing of the sprinkler heads; Number of sprinklers manufactured by the company; Effects of the...
- Sprinkler heads under fire. Ceniceros, Roberto // Business Insurance;08/18/97, Vol. 31 Issue 33, p1
Reports that Lansdale, Pennsylvania-based Central Sprinkler Corporation began spreading the word of defects of its Omega brand of sprinklers, before the newspapers and television stations reported problems with them. Reason for this move; Problems experienced with the sprinklers; Amount Central...
- Central Announces Voluntary Replacement Program. // Reeves Journal: Plumbing, Heating, Cooling;Mar2002, Vol. 82 Issue 3, p46
Announces the Voluntary Replacement Program of Central Sprinkler Co. Replacement for labor cost; Reasons for fire sprinkler replacement; Details on the replacement process.
- Sprinkler maker suing insurers for recall cover. Ceniceros, Roberto // Business Insurance;10/19/98, Vol. 32 Issue 42, p1
Reports on Central Sprinkler Corp.'s plan to file a lawsuit against its product liability insurers to gain coverage for the recall of Omega fire suppression sprinklers. Case background; Lawsuit filed by the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission against Central; Attempt of the company...
- Legal Action Against Central Sprinkler Co. // Buildings;Oct2001, Vol. 95 Issue 10, p10
Focuses on the voluntary recall program announced by Central Sprinkler Co. and the United States Consumer Products Safety Commission for O-ring fire sprinklers. Scope of the voluntary replacement program; Concerns of BOMA International over the program.
- O-ring risk spurs sprinkler recall. Bradford, Michael // Business Insurance;7/23/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 30, p3
Reports the intention of Central Sprinkler Co. to recall its fire sprinkler heads in Landsdale, Pennsylvania. Reservation of funds for the recall by Tyco International Ltd.; Reasons behind the move; Issuance of similar recall in 1998.
- Sprinkler news not all bad. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jul98, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p59
Focuses on fire sprinklers. Recall of the sprinkle model Omega from Lansdale, Pennsylvania-based Central Sprinkler Company, due to its failure to work in several blazes; Sprinkler developments from Central Sprinkler; Correctional sprinklers from Oak Creek, Wisconsin-based Star Sprinkler.
- 26,000 Omega sprinkler heads found in government buildings. Heselbarth, Rob // Contractor Magazine;May98, Vol. 45 Issue 5, p5
Reports on the number of defective Omega fire sprinklers manufactured by Central Sprinkler Company of Lansdale, Pennsylvania, discovered in government buildings around the United States (US). Indication that the US General Services Administration completed replacement of Omega heads in seven of...