Groups seek meeting over Internet taxation
- Internet Report to Congress. // Practical Accountant;Jun2000, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p16
Reports on the Advisory Commission on Electronic Commerce's submission of a report on Internet tax issues to the United States Congress. Need to reduce communications taxes and clarify federal welfare guidelines; Other tax recommendations included in the report.
- E-taxation. // PC Week;08/02/99, Vol. 16 Issue 31, p54
Argues the need for the electronic commerce (e-commerce) industry and the United States government to act quickly on the issue of sales taxation of e-commerce. The assertion that online sales tax is inevitable; Concern that a lack of action could hinder the first taxation scheme; The example...
- Countdown to on-line tax debate. Rankin, Ken // Discount Store News;1/3/2000, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p12
Discusses taxation of Internet sales transactions in the United States (US). Responsibility of the US Advisory Commission on Electronic Commerce; System for uniform taxation of retail sales; Supporters and opponents of on-line sales taxes; Percentage of US people who oppose the taxation.
- Tax-Free Internet? Don't Count on It. Kandra, Anne // PC World;Jun2000, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p39
Discusses taxation of merchandise purchased on the Internet in the United States. Comments of Heather Rosenker, executive director of the Advisory Commission on E-Commerce; How products purchased on the Internet are taxed if the company is located in the purchaser's state of residence; Efforts...
- The History, Purpose, and Procedures of the Advisory Commission on Electronic Commerce. Griffith, Thomas // Brigham Young University Law Review;2000, Vol. 2000 Issue 1, p155
Describes the work of the United States (US) Advisory Commission on Electronic Commerce (ACEC). Role of the Internet Tax Freedom Act in the creation of the ACEC; Functions of advisory commissions in the US federal government; Results of the meetings of the ACEC.
- A question of fairness: Why not tax Internet sales? Gershner, Jerry // National Real Estate Investor;Sep2000, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p160
Comments on the failure of the Advisory Commission on Electronic Commerce to implement sales taxes on purchases made over the Internet in the United States. Predicted amount of Internet sales for 2000; Views on electronic-commerce; List of possibilities on how to tax Internet sales.
- CA Works to Nip E-commerce Taxes in the Bud. // Consumer Comments;Sep/Oct99, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p1
Presents information on the United States Advisory Commission on Electronic Commerce.
- Panel seeks to snag sales taxes slipping through the Net. Kosseff, Jeffrey // Crain's Detroit Business;06/28/99, Vol. 15 Issue 26, p3
Focuses on the Advisory Commission on Electronic Commerce which studies how to tax Internet sales efficiently in the United States. Composition of the commission; Taxation of Michigan businesses engaged in electronic commerce; Comment by Larry Meyer, chief executive officer of the Michigan...
- Yes to tax reform. S.O. // Catalog Age;Nov99, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p10
Focuses on the Advisory Commission on Electronic Commerce, a government appointed group assigned with investigating Internet taxation policies. Concerns of commercial catalogers; Reaction of members of the United States House of Representatives.