- Seligman: Cash flow and consistency are key. // High Yield Report;04/12/99, Vol. 10 Issue 15, p1
Features investment manager and adviser J&W Seligman & Co. Company's expectations for the high yield market in 1999; Seligman High Yield Bond Fund managing director Daniel Charleston's basic rules for investing in the junk bond market; Areas of investment that Charleston favors; Cyclicals.
- Settlement Reached in Bitter J. & W. Seligman Proxy Battle. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;10/25/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32494, p7
The article reports that J. & W. Seligman and Co. has announced the settlement of its proxy dispute over a closed-end municipal bond mutual fund with shareholders, Karpus Management Inc. and Bulldog Investors General Partnership. A background of the proxy dispute is given. Under the settlement...
- Seligman Snags Institutional Developer. Randall, Danielle // Investment Management Weekly;04/24/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 17, p3
Details the appointment of Marjorie Greenspan Kaufman as vice president of institutional business development at J. & W. Seligman & Co.
- J. & W. Seligman Registers New Veep. Willcox, Kathleen // Investment Management Weekly;02/26/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p4
Reports that J.&W. Seligman and Co. has appointed Christine Connor as vice president of consultant relations.
- J. & W. Seligman & Co. // Bond Buyer;12/14/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30787, Mutual Fund Directory p51
Features investment company J. & W. Seligman & Co. Largest portfolio managers; Total assets under management; Total municipal assets under management; Number of funds; Number of municipal funds; Investment outlook; Top funds ranked by total return.
- J. & W. Seligman Hires Product Manager. Willcox, Kathleen // Investment Management Weekly;4/2/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 14, p4
Reports on the appointment of Edward Rieger as institutional marketing vice president at J. & W. Seligman & Co.
- State Street Moves into Separate-Account Support . Hunter, Matthew // American Banker;6/11/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 111, p9
Reports on State Street Corp.'s agreement to take over the back-office operations and accounting for J&W Seligman and Co.'s separately managed account business. Enabling of State Street to handle the back-office work for any investment product on the market; State Street's plan to offer jobs to...
- Seligman's Own Probe Finds Market Timing. // American Banker;1/12/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 7, p6
The money manager J. & W. Seligman Co. Inc. has announced in a U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission filing that an internal review found four instances of mutual fund market timing trades and that one employee has left the company because of it. The New York company, which has $10.8 billion...
- Anchors aweigh for govvie bond fund managers. O'Leary, Christopher // Investment Dealers' Digest;02/08/99, Vol. 65 Issue 6, p13
Highlights the government bond portfolio of J&W Seligman & Co. backed by commercial ship bonds that can serve as a replacement for the traditional, low yield government securities. History of the bond program; Nature of the ship financing bond market; Tips on investing in the bond program; Risk...