WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- THE WEEK. // National Review;11/15/1993, Vol. 45 Issue 22, p10
The article discusses some social and political issues in the U.S. in November 1993. There is a rumor that retired Admiral William Crowe may be appointed as a White House advisor. Crowe opposed the Gulf War and backed President Bill Clinton on gays in the military. Meanwhile, Senator Robert...
- A proclamation. Clinton, William J. // Christian Science Monitor;11/15/95, Vol. 87 Issue 246, p20
Presents the proclamation speech given by US President Bill Clinton on the eve of Thanksgiving Day, 1995.
- Meeting the quota for church conservatives. Saltzman, R.E. // Christian Century;11/1/89, Vol. 106 Issue 32, p975
Gives wry commentary on the search by an Evangelical Lutheran Church in America task force for `reasonable' conservatives to join their ranks. What the task force is looking for; Image of conservatives.
- Full communion. Marty, Martin E. // Christian Century;01/03/2001, Vol. 118 Issue 1, p39
Cites the goal of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America to achieve full communion with other Christian churches. Mission of the church; Basis of barriers erected by church bodies; Claims made by various church bodies.
- Proclamation 7255 -- Thanksgiving Day, 1999. Clinton, William J. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;11/29/99, Vol. 35 Issue 47, p2424
Presents a proclamation issued by U.S. President Bill Clinton designating November 25, 1999 as a National Day of Thanksgiving. Origin of the celebration; National blessings to be reflected on during the holiday; Emphasis on the spirit of Thanksgiving.
- BRIDGING THE DENOMINATION-CONGREGATION DIVIDE: EVANGELICAL LUTHERAN CHURCH IN AMERICA CONGREGATIONS RESPOND TO HOMOSEXUALITY. Cadge, Wendy; Day, Heather; Wildeman, Christopher // Review of Religious Research;Mar2007, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p245
A growing body of research examines conflicts over homosexuality in national religious organizations, but little research explores variation in how local congregations are responding to the issue. We focus on twenty-one congregations in the northeastern and southwestern United States that belong...
- Proselytizing in a Multi-Faith World. Stetzer, Ed // Christianity Today;Apr2011, Vol. 55 Issue 4, p20
The article discusses how the concept of multi-faith becomes more feasible if peaceful existence and mutual understanding in a world of different religions are important. People of different religious faiths who come together in a neighborhood, nation, conferences and other events are described...
- Communion in full. // U.S. Catholic;Nov99, Vol. 64 Issue 11, p10
Reports on the results of the elections regarding the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America and the Episcopal Church's full communion. Definition of full communion; Issue concerning the apostolic succession; Information on the `Called to Common Mission' document.
- A Proclamation. Clinton, William J. // Christian Science Monitor;11/21/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 253, p10
Presents a proclaimation of Thanksgiving Day as a National Holiday by United States president Bill Clinton.