What Really Happened at Cairo
- Pope on the ropes. Wright, Robert // New Republic;10/3/94, Vol. 211 Issue 14, p6
Comments on the defiance of Pope John Paul II to the Cairo Conference on Population and Development in Egypt in 1994. Impact of the pope's action on his image and reputation; Issue on population growth in relation to the environment; Views of leading revisionist Nicholas Eberstadt regarding the...
- Exhibit on Pope John Paul II and the Jewish People Comes to Buffalo. // Polish American Journal;Apr2010, Vol. 99 Issue 4, p11
The article offers information on the national exhibit titled A Blessing to One Another: Pope John Paul II and the Jewish People to be held at the Karpeles Museum in Buffalo, New York City from April 16, 2010 to July 2010.
- Making a gift of self. Stimpson, Emily // Our Sunday Visitor;8/29/2010, Vol. 99 Issue 18, p9
The article presents highlights of the National Theology of the Body Congress held in 2010, giving particular focus on how Pope John Paul II's theology of the body can aid Catholics better fulfill their vocations.
- Why the Pope moved me to tears. Odone, Cristina // New Statesman;01/22/99, Vol. 128 Issue 4420, p12
Ponders on Pope John Paul II's impact on the society. Highlights of the four-day symposium titled `A New Culture for Europe on the Threshold of the New Millennium'; How the Poles view the Pope; Pope's career highlights; Political and social views of the Pope.
- JOHN PAUL II'S FUNERAL BY THE NUMBERS. Dix, Tara; Cones, Bryan // U.S. Catholic;Jun2005, Vol. 70 Issue 6, p7
Reports on the attendance in the funeral of the late Pope John Paul II in April 2005. Population of people who arrived in Rome between April 2 and April 8; Number of bus and tram passengers in the region each day during the week of the funeral; Statistics of religious officials present in the...
- Pope warns against creating autonomous lay conference. Donovan, Gill // National Catholic Reporter;11/8/2002, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p7
Reports on the warning given by Pope John Paul II against the establishment of an autonomous conference of Catholic laity in Brazil. Need to respect the authority of diocesan bishop; Attempts made by the National Council of laity to transform itself into an autonomous conference with...
- Science, magisterium at odds. Hebblethwaite, Peter // National Catholic Reporter;7/15/94, Vol. 30 Issue 34, p7
Analyzes Pope John Paul II's address on the strategy for the United Nations population conference in Cairo, Egypt, which was given maximum publicity during the meeting of 80 members of the Pontifical Academy of Sciences in Oxford, England. Assumptions of the papal campaign against the Cairo...
- VATICANT. Colombo, Furio // New Republic;4/8/91, Vol. 204 Issue 14, p12
Comments on the prayers and comments of Pope John Paul II about the Persian Gulf War. Profile on the Pope; Words of confirmation that there is no identification between Christianity and the Western World; Outcome of the Vatican Peace Conference on the Middle East; Speeches given by the Pope...
- APPENDIX A. Paul II, John // Human Life Review;Winter2004, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p110
Presents a speech given by Pope John Paul II, delivered at an International Congress, sponsored by the Pontifical Academy for Life and the International Catholic Federation of Medical Associations in Rome on March 20, 2004, concerning life sustaining treatments and the vegetative state.