In the Absence of Fathers
- An Enriched Father and Son Combo. Zibulsky, Jack // YC: Young Children;Nov2002, Vol. 57 Issue 6, p16
The article reflects on his relationship with his son Devin and how he became his primary caregiver. Every day he had routines such as diaper changing, feeding and dressing. Devin did not like being alone and was most content if he was at least in view, if not actively engaged with him. They...
- Do Boys Prefer Daddy or His Physical Style of Play? Ross, Hildy; Taylor, Heather // Sex Roles;Jan89, Vol. 20 Issue 1-2, p23
Fathers typically adopt a more physically active style of play with their young sons than mothers, and boys often react more positively to play with fathers than with mothers. The current study examined whether differences in children's reactions were related to differences in parental play...
- The ELEVEN Commandments of Dad. O'Neill, Hugh // Men's Health;Jan/Feb2002, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p62
Provides tips for fathers on raising up their children. Significance of the manifestation of paternal authority to children; Tips on money management; Impact of husband-wife relationship on the children. INSET: Dadlifting, by Lou Schuler.
- Miles apart. Marriott, Michel // Essence (Essence);Nov99, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p120
Talks about the relationship of a father and son. How the son felt about his absent father; How the son's long-term relationships with women were affected by his feelings towards his father; How the father felt about his son's visit.
- Next Generation. Czech, Jared // Teen Ink;May2011, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p16
A personal narrative is presented which reminisces the author's experiences with his father that taught him virtues regarding the important journey of being a father.
- A Quiet Man. McNAMARA, BILL // America;12/2/2013, Vol. 209 Issue 17, p27
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's memories of his Irish father, a modest man of modest means and modest ambitions.
- Sea of Tranquility. Woodruff, Jay // Esquire;Jan2002, Vol. 137 Issue 1, p86
Presents an article on father and son relationship. Analysis of the reasons that could have prompted his father to commit suicide; How the death of his father influenced the way he looks at life.
- ABOUT THIS MONTH. Pleszczynski, Wladyslaw // American Spectator;Jun2000, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p4
Deals with father and son relationship. Information on the collection of family letters between writer V.S. Naipul and his father featured in `Between Father and Son.'
- Au Revoir, Pop. Stein, Benjamin J. // American Spectator;Nov99, Vol. 32 Issue 11, p48
Recounts the author's memory of his father. Information on the speedboat which his father bought for him; Health problems of his father; His father's love for baseball; Details on his father's death.