My Island Paradise
- That other island. Lixenberg, Dana // New York;12/23/96, Vol. 29 Issue 50, p62
Presents a series of pictures of Staten Island, New York in 1996. Father and son at a White Castle restaurant; People on Middle Beach; A waitress at a Hooters restaurant.
- Island rescue. Barrows, Gerald L.; Leuchner, Paul G.; Steck, Rolfe H. // New York State Conservationist;Aug96, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p27
Focuses on the formation of the Strawberry Island Alliance to save Strawberry Island, New York, from extinction and to preserve the adjacent fish spawning shoals and nursery lagoon on its slack water side. Importance of Strawberry Island to the ecology of the upper Niagara River; Factors that...
- Courageous. Taylor, Lionel W. // Ash Breeze;Winter2002, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p12
Describes the experience of man sailing on Long Island Sound using the boat called Courageous in 1954. Time when boating became popular in the U.S.; Joy of boating.
- Fluke Between the Forks. Karas, Nick // Salt Water Sportsman;Apr2000, Vol. 61 Issue 4, p88
Suggests the northern fork of Long Island and Shelter Island in New York for fluke fishing.
- FOOD & WINERIES. Raisfeld, Robin // New York;3/24/2003, Vol. 36 Issue 10, p31
Features North Fork in Long Island, New York as a spring vacation destination. Wineries; Farm stands; Restaurants; Inn.
- MAKE YOUR WAY THROUGH ELLIS ISLAND. Kowalski, Kathiann M. // Cobblestone;Feb2006, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p22
This article presents an activity regarding the voyage and entry of immigrants to Ellis Island in New York.
- Did You know? // Cobblestone;Feb2006, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p24
This article presents facts about immigrants coming to Ellis Island in New York, such as the food being served at the island to detained immigrants.
- Waiting Out DETENTION. Krasner, Barbara D. // Cobblestone;Feb2006, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p26
This article focuses on services being given to detained immigrants at Ellis Island, New York.
- JUST A FERRY RIDE AWAY. Schumacher, Virginia // Cobblestone;Feb2006, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p31
This article presents a virtual tour to Ellis Island in New York.