- Meet Mr. & Mrs. (almost) Perfect. Higgs, Bill Curtis; Higgs, Liz Curtis // Marriage Partnership;Spring96, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p50
Presents the authors' descriptions of each other's characteristics that makes them perfect as husband and wife. Toleration for boring tasks; Humility; Task recognition; Encouragement skills.
- Penny-Pinching lovers. LaPlaca, Annette; Rossi, Sarah // Marriage Partnership;Fall98, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p26
Presents stories of husband-wife relationships.
- Husbands don't have scriptwriters. Aldrich, Sandra Picklesimer // Today's Christian Woman;Mar/Apr98, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p36
Discusses the psychological needs of a husband that the wife should give to improve their relationship. Respect; Space; Acceptance; Appreciation.
- Stand by your man. LaPlaca, Annette // Today's Christian Woman;Sep/Oct99, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p58
Provides tips to wives on how to encourage their husbands. Tendency of people to be discouraged by overwhelming responsibilities; Benefits of grateful affirmations; Finding significance in the husband's job.
- Get him to feel your pain. Siegel, Alexandra // Redbook;Oct96, Vol. 187 Issue 6, p58
Presents information on how a wife can find nonemotional way to make her husband understand her. Advices given by Mark Goulston, M.D., about the topic.
- The Fighter. Dugdale, Lydia S. // JGIM: Journal of General Internal Medicine;Jan2011, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p99
In this true story, an Eritrean man's wife rapidly becomes unconscious, and he tenaciously pursues a diagnosis and procures treatment. His personal struggle, juxtaposed with reflection on Eritrea's 30-year fight for independence from Ethiopia, highlights the power of persistence in the face of...
- Love looks a lot like you. // Redbook;May93, Vol. 181 Issue 1, p42
Claims that if your husband starts to look and sound like you, it means that you have a happy marriage. Detroit psychologist Paul Pearsall, Ph.D., author of the upcoming `Ten Laws of Lasting Love'; Studies of 25 couples over a period of 20 years; Details.
- In praise of a good man. Ray, Monica Sturdiva // Essence (Essence);Nov95, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p52
Presents an essay by an African-American woman in praise of her husband. Author's determination to become independent; Marriage; Disbelief of the author's friends; Husband as supportive and unthreatened.
- Q&A. Kesler, Jay // Marriage Partnership;Fall90, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p20
Gives advice on the objection of a wife to a husband's dream of going to Bible college. Advice of some people whose intelligence and spiritual judgment is trusted by the couple; Understanding of the wife of the husband's imitations; Impact of a change of career on the family.
- My wife sees the real me. Lee, Ron R. // Marriage Partnership;Spring93, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p4
Presents the author's reflections on the role of his wife's observations in his personal growth efforts. Ability and position of a wife to observe a husband's habits; Inclusion of a tribute to `Marriage Partnership' advisory board member Jim Smith.