A POPE OF THE FIRST MILLENNIUM AT THE THRESHOLD OF THE THIRD
- Pope donates to rebuild churches. Malcolm, Teresa // National Catholic Reporter;11/3/95, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p9
Reports that Pope John Paul II has earmarked some of the royalties from his book `Crossing the Threshold of Hope,' to rebuild churches and other places of worship in the former Yugoslavia.
- Pope's Asian trip test of stamina, diplomacy. // National Catholic Reporter;1/20/95, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p40
Editorial. Comments on Pope John Paul's 1995 Asian trip. Journey as a test of the Pope's stamina and diplomacy; World Youth Day celebration in Manila, Philippines; Controversy with Asian Buddhists over the Pope's comment on Buddhism in his book `Crossing the Threshold of Hope'; China's ties...
- Bad news. // U.S. Catholic;Dec97, Vol. 62 Issue 12, p9
Reports on the opposition to the public examination of the Catholic Church's conscience, which Pope John Paul II has proposed for the Holy Year 2000. Statement from Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger.
- PRESENTACIÃ“N. BuŁat, Krzysztof // Excerpta et Dissertationibus in Sacra Theologia;2004, Vol. 46, p173
No abstract available.
- Publisher denies pope's book was sabotaged. // National Catholic Reporter;12/23/94, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p11
Reports on publisher Hoffmann and Campe's denial that the German edition of Pope John Paul II's book `Crossing the Threshold of Hope' has been sabotaged. Complaints of mistranslations in the book; Examples of errors in the book.
- Pope John Paul wins Christopher Award. // National Catholic Reporter;2/24/95, Vol. 31 Issue 17, p4
Presents the winners of the 1995 Christopher Awards which includes Pope John Paul II. Special award for the pope's book of reflections `Crossing the Threshold of Hope.'
- Buddhists ask pope for apology. // Christian Century;1/18/95, Vol. 112 Issue 2, p44
Reports on the demand by Buddhist monks in Sri Lanka for Pope John Paul II to withdraw his remarks about Buddhism in his book `Crossing the Threshold of Hope.' Monk's threat of a boycott during the pope's scheduled visit to the country on January 20-21, 1995; Pope's use of the word `negative'...
- Pope lands on bestseller list. // Christianity Today;12/12/94, Vol. 38 Issue 14, p56
Reports on the success of the book written by Pope John Paul II titled `Crossing the Threshold of Hope.' Copies sold; John Paul's teachings; Background on Pope John Paul II.
- Blessed event. // People;12/5/94, Vol. 42 Issue 23, p112
Features Vittorio Messori, and discusses how the cancellation of his planned television interview with Pope John Paul II became the successful book, `Crossing the Threshold of Hope.' The pope's written responses to questions from Messori; Reactions to the book; The amount of money that the pope...